So now that we know Benson Henderson is going to be champion for a while...

Good lord, I'm talking from a purely theoretcial stand point, there are much more entertaining fights for him at 170 then there are at 155. I really don't want to see a bunch of rematches other then the the Pettis fight, and a certianly don't want to see him fight Gray Maynard. I'm talking purely for my own entertainment. I'm not saying that's what he should do or what he's going to do.
I think you are the only person who wants to see Bendo move to 170.

So my original response:

"Jesus, the guy has had two title defenses and already people want him to move up."

Is accurate then? You (you, personally), want him to move up? Right, gotcha.

So I "read" your original post just fine. Deerrrrrrrr. .

YEs, me personally, I would rather see him fight guys at 170, because I think that those are more interesting fights for him. Again, I didn't say he should or would, I said I'd rather see that them him fight a bunch of rematches at 155, got it? did that get cleared up finally?

And again I'll say it. He's had TWO title defenses in a stacked division, why the fuck would you or anyone else want him to move up? This whole jumping divisions thing has gotten out of hand

What is so "stacked" about it? quit repeating garbage that Rogan and Goldberg say. Just because they said it, doesn't mean it's true. Look at the 155 lb divison and look at who he's fought. Look at the dudes who could even be considered relevant in the title picture. He's fought and beaten all of them either in the WEC or since coming to the UFC except Pettis and Gray Maynard, some of them on multiple occasions. But you're right, I clearly don't know what I'm talking about. If you want to pay 60 bucks to see a bunch of rematches, go for it.

I think you are the only person who wants to see Bendo move to 170.

I'm fine with that. Apparently I'm not suppoused to express my opinions..... in a discussion thread.

YEs, me personally, I would rather see him fight guys at 170, because I think that those are more interesting fights for him. Again, I didn't say he should or would, I said I'd rather see that them him fight a bunch of rematches at 155, got it? did that get cleared up finally?

Right, so I read it correctly then and your initial learn-to-read insult was unnecessary?

Moving on ..

What is so "stacked" about it? quit repeating garbage that Rogan and Goldberg say. Just because they said it, doesn't mean it's true. Look at the 155 lb divison and look at who he's fought. Look at the dudes who could even be considered relevant in the title picture. He's fought and beaten all of them either in the WEC or since coming to the UFC except Pettis and Gray Maynard, some of them on multiple occasions. But you're right, I clearly don't know what I'm talking about. If you want to pay 60 bucks to see a bunch of rematches, go for it.

Sorry Chief, I'm not a lemming and I don't need Rogan and Goldberg to tell me who is winning a fight, which fighter is FOR REAL or which division is stacked. The lightweight division still has a ton of solid competition for Bendo. I don't see how you or anyone can think that he's cleaned out the division to the point that he needs to move up yet. There are fighters that are one and two wins away from being a solid contender at LW not to mention Pettis, Maynard, Melendez (assuming he's coming over), ... you get the picture.

Sorry Chief, I'm not a lemming and I don't need Rogan and Goldberg to tell me who is winning a fight, which fighter is FOR REAL or which division is stacked. .

So why are you parrotting?

The lightweight division still has a ton of solid competition for Bendo

Like who? Third time I've asked it in this thread, nobody has answered.

I don't see how you or anyone can think that he's cleaned out the division to the point that he needs to move up yet. There are fighters that are one and two wins away from being a solid contender at LW not to mention Pettis, Maynard, Melendez (assuming he's coming over), ... you get the picture

I said I don't want to see him fight a bunch of rematches, and yeah, he really has cleaned out the divison, barring Pettis and Maynard. Everybody else of any relevance in the weight class right now has already lost to Henderson. In fact, other then his two fights with Frankie, he hasn't had a rough patch in any of his fights since Pettis. He fought the best the divison had to offer on the way up and handled all of them pretty easily. It's indisputable fact.

Melendez, Pettis, New and improved Cerrone, Maynard (Why is this a bad option?), Aldo, Louzon, Dos Anjos, Edgar, Alverez, Healy, Plus anyone who happens to come up and go on a streak while Bendos handling the first 4 options.

Melendez, Pettis, New and improved Cerrone, Maynard (Why is this a bad option?), Aldo, Louzon, Dos Anjos, Edgar, Alverez, Healy, Plus anyone who happens to come up and go on a streak while Bendos handling the first 4 options.

"New and improved" Cerrone? What? He's beat him twice. Aldo is at 145, and of the other guys you mentioned, only 3 are even in the UFC. To suggest that Lauzon and Dos Anjos are in the title picture is laughable. I can probably count on my fingers the number of people who want to see Maynard vs Henderson. Snuggle fest '13

Lightweight is loaded for real. Alvarez & Melendez are already negotiating their UFC contracts and will probably be announced this winter. Maynard can challenge and threaten anyone at 155 wih his wrestling, punching power and submission defense. Aldo has already announced his intentions to move to 155 in the new year. Bendo has a littany of horrors awaiting him:icon_evil

Other then Pettis, I'd rather see Henderson move up to 170. Not really interested in seeing him fight somebody like Maynard or really anyone else at 155.

"somebody like Maynard"?
That's a little vague. Would you elaborate?
Did you enjoy the Diaz Fight? Edgar Fights?

Pettis, Maynard, Gil, and Eddie are all super tough match ups. It's LW Bendo can stay there for years and have contenders keep emerging.

"New and improved" Cerrone? What? He's beat him twice. Aldo is at 145, and of the other guys you mentioned, only 3 are even in the UFC. To suggest that Lauzon and Dos Anjos are in the title picture is laughable. I can probably count on my fingers the number of people who want to see Maynard vs Henderson. Snuggle fest '13

The first four are the immediate options, after that the future prospects for title fights.

This thread shows that plenty of people want to see gray try for a belt again.

"New and improved" Cerrone? What? He's beat him twice.
Did you see the first fight?

bendocowboy.jpg

So why are you parrotting?

I said I don't want to see him fight a bunch of rematches, and yeah, he really has cleaned out the divison, barring Pettis and Maynard. Everybody else of any relevance in the weight class right now has already lost to Henderson. In fact, other then his two fights with Frankie, he hasn't had a rough patch in any of his fights since Pettis. He fought the best the divison had to offer on the way up and handled all of them pretty easily. It's indisputable fact.

You keep saying that Ben has cleared out the Division, "except Maynard". Yet you don't want a Ben/Gray match up?
Actually, I see Maynard being Bens most challenging Contender. Certainly, Gray has fought and beaten everyone that Ben has in the UFC.

Ben looked good in that last fight

His only real challenge is Maynard, Pettis and BJ

He's beat Cerrone and handled all the other top 5ers

Ben looked good in that last fight

His only real challenge is Maynard, Pettis and BJ

He's beat Cerrone and handled all the other top 5ers

BJ ?!1?!?!?

in 5 rounder Henderson would stop Penn in 4/5 round.

Have you seen Henderson pace with DIaz? !?!?!?

and Diaz bros are cardio machines...

Benson would destroy Penn. doctor stoppage/throwing a towel 4th round

Other then Pettis, I'd rather see Henderson move up to 170. Not really interested in seeing him fight somebody like Maynard or really anyone else at 155.

What the fuck? There are a plethora of amazing match ups at 55 for him. Why move up?

nobody is beating Bendo at all. His cardio is off the charts and his base is just ridiculous. He is a perfect cage fighter.

Melendez, Pettis, Alvarez if he gets signed, Maynard, always an outside chance of Edgar coming back to LW. Thats a brutal gauntlet right there, compared to any of those guys fighting Nate Diaz is a walk in the park. Im sure Pettis will get a rematch after he beats Cerrone so he should be next as long as they dont go the uniting the title route and do the Melendez fight next.

If Benson cleared that list of contenders, he might be in the goat talks in his weightclass.

Back