So now that we know Benson Henderson is going to be champion for a while...

And one of those defenses was a robbery by the judges at that too

I wouldn't go as far as to say a robbery, but i can agree that he could have lost one of his only two title defenses. I don't really know who could beat Benson outside of Aldo, i just don't see a lot of areas to attack other than hoping for a K.O.

I just have a hard time seeing Melendez wrestle him, i see nobody submitting Bendo. You would have to be able to stop Bensons takedowns, maintain 5 round cardio, and get within his range to strike and find a way to hurt him. Not a lot of guys that have those tools.

Other then Pettis, I'd rather see Henderson move up to 170. Not really interested in seeing him fight somebody like Maynard or really anyone else at 155.

Why on earth do you think he should move up? He's only fought two contenders in the UFC's most stacked division and only decisively beat one of them. He's not even a dominant champ yet.

I forgot that GSP is the only fighter in the world that fights at 170.....

It'd be pretty strange to vacate his belt and move to another division just to not fight for the belt

Pettis is the last chance is a while for bendo to lose. I do think pettis will beat him again but if he doesn't I see Bendo beating guys like Maynard and Melendez pretty easy.

i dont think bendo will hold the belt for a long time. the lw division has great contenders

If either of you guys could read, this would be less confusing. I said I'd rather see him fight some of the guys fighting at 170 then anybody at 155, other then Pettis. You're right, total "Just bleed" comment......

Other than B.J Penn, no other champ is going to jump weight classes for the hell of it. Unless Henderson thought he could fight for the 170 title theres no reason whatsoever to be there.

Jesus, did anybody in this thread get passed the 2nd grade? Learn to read.

When you ask everyone else if they got "passed" the 2nd grade, you should use your 2nd grade education to proof read and see that it should be "past" not "passed." Sorry, I just thought it was funny.

In regard to your post, I would rather Bendo hang around and fight through the likes of Melendez or Alvarez if they sign. I would also like to see a Pettis rematch. That being said, there are indeed some fights at 170 that would be intriguing for Bendo.

Ben has tough fights ahead. Assuming that he's definitley going to hold the belt for a while is silly. Hopefully his next two fights are Melendez and Pettis which would give time for another contender to appear in case he were to win both. This would give Aldo time to move up to 155, get a fight under his belt and possibly challenge Henderson at the end of 2013. Having to potentially facing Melendez, Pettis, and Aldo in 1 calender year I'd give Henderson less than a 30% chance of ending the year with the belt if those were his 3 fights. And that's assuming he's 65:35 in all 3 of these fights, which he's not. People need to realize how unlikely it is from a mathematical stand point for anybody to have long title reign. Which is why what Anderson and GSP have is so impressive.

If a guy is a 90% favorite in every fight, the odds of him winning 10 in a row are a bit less than 35%. It's a really hard thing to do.

Why on earth do you think he should move up? He's only fought two contenders in the UFC's most stacked division and only decisively beat one of them. He's not even a dominant champ yet.

It'd be pretty strange to vacate his belt and move to another division just to not fight for the belt

Good lord, I'm talking from a purely theoretcial stand point, there are much more entertaining fights for him at 170 then there are at 155. I really don't want to see a bunch of rematches other then the the Pettis fight, and a certianly don't want to see him fight Gray Maynard. I'm talking purely for my own entertainment. I'm not saying that's what he should do or what he's going to do.

I wouldn't go as far as to say a robbery, but i can agree that he could have lost one of his only two title defenses. I don't really know who could beat Benson outside of Aldo, i just don't see a lot of areas to attack other than hoping for a K.O.

I just have a hard time seeing Melendez wrestle him, i see nobody submitting Bendo. You would have to be able to stop Bensons takedowns, maintain 5 round cardio, and get within his range to strike and find a way to hurt him. Not a lot of guys that have those tools.

You can't see anyone outstriking him? Edgar showed it can be done. I don't think a dominant performance over Nate suddenly makes him unbeatable.

He better be fighting Pettis next (presuming he beats cerrone)... Or can Pettis win and still not get a shot?

Good lord, I'm talking from a purely theoretcial stand point, there are much more entertaining fights for him at 170 then there are at 155. I really don't want to see a bunch of rematches other then the the Pettis fight, and a certianly don't want to see him fight Gray Maynard. I'm talking purely for my own entertainment. I'm not saying that's what he should do or what he's going to do.

Oooooh, so your statement was "theoretical". Shit, sorry. Thanks for clearing that up.

So you make an ignorant post, backtrack your ass off and tell people to learn to read, then tell us it was "theoretical".

Solid posting skills. For a halfwit.

For your own entertainment you'd have a champion vacate his belt and fight middle of the pack fighters in another division. Got it. No idea why this would appeal to you.

When you ask everyone else if they got "passed" the 2nd grade, you should use your 2nd grade education to proof read and see that it should be "past" not "passed." Sorry, I just thought it was funny.

Oh damnit, I ddin't even see that I did that.. I knew what I meant! what I meant to say was "if either of you had passed"

In regard to your post, I would rather Bendo hang around and fight through the likes of Melendez or Alvarez if they sign. I would also like to see a Pettis rematch. That being said, there are indeed some fights at 170 that would be intriguing for Bendo

I'd like to see all three of those fights, but Alvarez isn't even currently in the UFC

You can't see anyone outstriking him? Edgar showed it can be done. I don't think a dominant performance over Nate suddenly makes him unbeatable.

No, i think outstriking him IS the only hope. It's just that to outstrike him, you also have to able to deal with his wrestling, 5 round cardio, and his kicking range. That's what i was trying to say.

Oooooh, so your statement was "theoretical". Shit, sorry. Thanks for clearing that up.

So you make an ignorant post, backtrack your ass off and tell people to learn to read, then tell us it was "theoretical".

Solid posting skills. For a halfwit.

I'm not backtracking, and how exaclty was my post "ignorant"? Do you know what that word even means? What did I say? I said that I (meaning me personally) would rather see him fight guys at 170 then fight a bunch of rematches at 155. That's what I said. Thanks though

For your own entertainment you'd have a champion vacate his belt and fight middle of the pack fighters in another division. Got it. No idea why this would appeal to you.

Who at 155 would you like to see him fight, other then the guys I've already named? Yeah, Gray Maynard would be an awesome opponent....

well i was banking on pettis beating him, but im with you on them not fighting a 3rd time even though cerrone seems on a different level now.

WTF?
The first one couldve gone either way. The second one was a flash submission.

Theres so much talk about Bendo having improved... Whereever that comes from!? Bendo does the same things hes always done. Hes was great in the WEC and hes great now, tough to say how much hes improved.
If one of Bendo and Cerrone has improved a lot, its Cerrone because he actually has some kind of takedown defense and wreslting now. In their first fight Cerrone, as he said himself, "fell down the second anyone touched him" and he still arguably won the fight...

Bendo, Pettis and Cerrone should just keep fighting each other for the belt until they retire ;)

Pettis! although i wouldn't mind seeing him against melendez when/or if he comes over from SF

I'm not backtracking, and how exaclty was my post "ignorant"? Do you know what that word even means? What did I say? I said that I (meaning me personally) would rather see him fight guys at 170 then fight a bunch of rematches at 155. That's what I said. Thanks though

So my original response:

"Jesus, the guy has had two title defenses and already people want him to move up."

Is accurate then? You (you, personally), want him to move up? Right, gotcha.

So I "read" your original post just fine. Deerrrrrrrr.

And again I'll say it. He's had TWO title defenses in a stacked division, why the fuck would you or anyone else want him to move up? This whole jumping divisions thing has gotten out of hand.

Back