So now that we know Benson Henderson is going to be champion for a while...

td82394

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Is it fair to start talking about a Pettis rematch? Or at least a no. 1 contender fight involving Anthony Pettis? I mean, let's face it, he beat Henderson before, and he would've gotten the next shot at Frankie Edgar if that fight hadn't gone to a draw, and had he beat Clay Guida.

That being said, though, how long will Pettis be out on recovery? Isn't he injured right now?

Is it fair to start talking about a Pettis rematch? Or at least a no. 1 contender fight involving Anthony Pettis? I mean, let's face it, he beat Henderson before, and he would've gotten the next shot at Frankie Edgar if that fight hadn't gone to a draw, and had he beat Clay Guida.

That being said, though, how long will Pettis be out on recovery? Isn't he injured right now?

Other then Pettis, I'd rather see Henderson move up to 170. Not really interested in seeing him fight somebody like Maynard or really anyone else at 155.

If he beats Cerrone he will get his shot.

Bendo won't be champ for as long as people think aswell.

He's fighting Cerrone January 26 on FOX and it is likely the winner will get a title shot. And I wouldn't say we know Henderson will have the belt for a while Pettis is a pretty tough out

Melendez, Pettis, Alvarez if he gets signed, Maynard, always an outside chance of Edgar coming back to LW. Thats a brutal gauntlet right there, compared to any of those guys fighting Nate Diaz is a walk in the park. Im sure Pettis will get a rematch after he beats Cerrone so he should be next as long as they dont go the uniting the title route and do the Melendez fight next.

Other then Pettis, I'd rather see Henderson move up to 170. Not really interested in seeing him fight somebody like Maynard or really anyone else at 155.

justbleed.gif

Bendo should clean out lightweight before thinking about moving up. Even then, he doesn't need to.

And no, TS. I don't know that he's going to be lightweight champion for a while. He's got some dangerous contenders ahead of him, he could easily be caught.

uhm Pettis is already fighting Cerrone in a #1 contenders bout

Lol he defended his title twice now you dont want to see him fight at that weight? And to rest of you momo's saying he wont hold the belt for a long time-I like Pettis a lot and think they will have another great fight but Benson with a diff game plan will win that fight.

I'd be willing to bet Benson and Pettis will fight 3 times in their career. i just happen to think Henderson skill set can get him the win.

And get mauled? He's already been asked about a GSP fight and I dont remember him being too excited about the idea.

bendo already has 2 contenders lined up? the winner of pettis cerrone, and Gilbert milendez. Going to take a while for him to clean out the division which I don't think a LW will ever do

Lol he defended his title twice now you dont want to see him fight at that weight? And to rest of you momo's saying he wont hold the belt for a long time-I like Pettis a lot and think they will have another great fight but Benson with a diff game plan will win that fight.

I'd be willing to bet Benson and Pettis will fight 3 times in their career. i just happen to think Henderson skill set can get him the win.

And one of those defenses was a robbery by the judges at that too

justbleed.gif

Bendo should clean out lightweight before thinking about moving up. Even then, he doesn't need to.

And no, TS. I don't know that he's going to be lightweight champion for a while. He's got some dangerous contenders ahead of him, he could easily be caught.

If either of you guys could read, this would be less confusing. I said I'd rather see him fight some of the guys fighting at 170 then anybody at 155, other then Pettis. You're right, total "Just bleed" comment......

Jesus, the guy has had two title defenses and already people want him to move up.

The hell is wrong with some of ya'll? ..

No champion will never vacate his belt to move up, no manager would ever let his client do that.

bendo already has 2 contenders lined up? the winner of pettis cerrone, and Gilbert milendez. Going to take a while for him to clean out the division which I don't think a LW will ever do

Henderson has beaten Cerrone twice now. I'm not interested in seeing a third. I forgot about Melendez, that would be a good fight.

i'm not sold on bendo being there a long time. pettis has a win over him recently and LW is so stacked that anything could happen. one good win over nate doesn't mean he's going to defend for years - especially after 2 very close fights with edgar before that.

Jesus, the guy has had two title defenses and already people want him to move up.

The hell is wrong with some of ya'll? ..

Jesus, did anybody in this thread get passed the 2nd grade? Learn to read.

And get mauled? He's already been asked about a GSP fight and I dont remember him being too excited about the idea.

I forgot that GSP is the only fighter in the world that fights at 170.....

Henderson has beaten Cerrone twice now. I'm not interested in seeing a third. I forgot about Melendez, that would be a good fight.

well i was banking on pettis beating him, but im with you on them not fighting a 3rd time even though cerrone seems on a different level now.

Read your own fucking response halfwit:

^ That's pretty straight forward isn't it? Read it one more time, let it marinate.

Back