So now can we all agree that Michael Page is for real?

Prospects don't exist on Sherdog, only can crushers.

5-0 vs 8-2? Total mismatch.

Talk to me when he fights a decent wrestler or striker who hasn't made a living....
ceaX1TW.gif
in his own right. Guy has done absolutely nothing against notable competition (through no fault of his own). He fights a bunch of nobodies and an 8-2 journeyman, handpicked "MMA striker" and fellow can crusher Ricky Rainey and now he's the next Anderson Silva....right.

The guy is talented and definitely a prospect but let's not pretend Sherdog isn't known for ridiculous hypetrains or anything. Or are you one of those people that think Connor is the GOAT LOL.

He'll be exposed against the first legit grappler he fights imo. Dancing will get you nowhere when you are getting dumped on your head.

Shouldn't you be trying to convince posters in the heavies you actually know something about MMA?

Yeah, bro, I know absolutely nothing about MMA, which is why I made a thread about a 6-0 prospect being "FOR REAL" because he ko'd the legendary Ricky Rainey. Here's a concept; why don't we let young fighters develop before we tout them as "FOR REAL".

Page himself said he's still learning and still isn't ready for the elite. So are you going to track him down and send him a message about how he doesn't know anything about MMA because he thinks he needs to develop more? Or were you just being a sensitive child because someone contradicted what you said on a forum?

And as for Reach and "MMA striking"
"HE FOUGHT SOMEONE WITH HIS REACH" is a stupid, stupid litmus unless we're talking a Jones/Gus calibur of fight where two huge LHW's who both like to (let them) bang (bro!) are negating one another with their long limbs. Having long limbs has both it's advantages and disadvantages, but I wont get into that since I don't know a thing about MMA.

Speaking of MMA, "MMA Striking" is laughable. That's some 2002 Miletich Fight Systems shit where you duck your head throw a haymaker. Striking is Striking is Striking.

Weird do see you on your toes over this. Be careful, this will bite you in the ass. :)

And this is why some of you fail so hard things; thinking thoughts being one of them.
Have I said he's not a good fighter? or that he's a can crusher? or that he'll never be good? Hell no, I have not. I think he's excellent and I love watching his work, but he's getting his reps in and getting better. He's not "FOR REAL" or "Top 10 Strikers in MMA!" yet because he beat up my local bartender who happened to have a reach as long as his.

I hope Page gets to an elite level and contends for Major titles. That's what I love about MMA. The only thing worse than the "Everyone new sucks" rhetoric you weirdos imply is the uber-defensive crybaby tactics you new kid on the block apologists employ to make it seem like you know more than everyone.

So what happens if he gets brutally KO'd his next 3 fights? Is this swept under the rug, where you guys can just conveniently forget the hype and the "TOP 10 MMA STRIKERSSS!" stuff? Of course you are. Let's hope that doesn't happen, because I don't think this forum could handle some of you MMA Experts being wrong about something...an untested prospect especially!

He's really not shit. He's a 'real' fighter... But his Striking is seriously overrated by the level of his opponents and his antics. Once his confidence is cracked his striking will be gone. He will never come near a belt in any division in any promotion.

Can't believe people are buying into this dude after last night

This, jesus. All we saw last night was that he can flashily knock scrubs out, and then stare at them without following up. We already knew that. Lets see him at least in the tournament before we all start sucking him off.

Thought it was funny that Bjorn said he is tempted to "rush" Michael Page into a tournament now that the main competition is Lima and Koreskov, and not a dominating wrestler like Askren, saying that the styles make it easier to push Page more quickly. Bjorn still admitting the champion he cut loose is/was their best 170 pounder.

Sherdog: "Michael Page looked like shit again in this fight and it was against a can again anyway. He beat a shitty oppponent and looked like shit so lets match him up with Johnny Hendricks. He wouldn't do all that dancing shit against Johnny Hendricks. Johnny Hendricks would beat him. Lets put Michael Page against an endless row of high level college wrestlers so my cynicism is vindicated if one of them lays on him enough for three rounds".

Total win. Nothing more needs to be said.

Okay, he can't beat EVERYONE so he's NO ONE.

Talk to me when he fights a decent wrestler or striker who hasn't made a living....
ceaX1TW.gif
in his own right. Guy has done absolutely nothing against notable competition (through no fault of his own). He fights a bunch of nobodies and an 8-2 journeyman, handpicked "MMA striker" and fellow can crusher Ricky Rainey and now he's the next Anderson Silva....right.

The guy is talented and definitely a prospect but let's not pretend Sherdog isn't known for ridiculous hypetrains or anything. Or are you one of those people that think Connor is the GOAT LOL.

He'll be exposed against the first legit grappler he fights imo. Dancing will get you nowhere when you are getting dumped on your head.

He's proven everything that can be expected of him at this point, only six fights into his career.

I'm not saying Page is the next coming of Christ, but it's equally foolish prediction to say he'll be "exposed" the instant he faces a different stylistic matchup.

You don't really know any better than anyone else, but you enjoy being a naysayer because you think it makes you sound like you have some superior knowledge to the rest of these "idiots" who think Page is the best thing since sliced bread.

Fact is, you're taking the same 50/50 gamble as those on the other side of the argument, betting on something that hasn't been slightly proven nor disproven: That Page has no answer for wrestling. You do this in the hopes that you'll be proven right, and you'll be able to use it for future forum bragging rights. If proven wrong, just pretend it never happened and wait for the conversation to be long forgotten.

The Tao of the Forum Warrior.

Fact is, you're taking the same 50/50 gamble as those on the other side of the argument, betting on something that hasn't been slightly proven nor disproven: That Page has no answer for wrestling. You do this in the hopes that you'll be proven right, and you'll be able to use it for future forum bragging rights. If proven wrong, just pretend it never happened and wait for the conversation to be long forgotten.

Exactly. It's so sad when pointless predictions get made and then selective thinking begins. A pretty gutless and cowardly thing to not own up to mistakes, and then act like an oracle if your random guess actually hits.

I think Page looks great as a prospect. One of the best looking ones I've seen in years. He's shown some ground game and the ability to get up, and he has a sub on the ground. Not bad.

He knows, and so does everyone on this forum, that he's still learning and needs to add tools to his arsenal before he's the complete package. Those yelling out can crusher are being so stupid. The guy is new and still trying to adapt his amateur point fighting style to MMA. Give him time.

He's proven everything that can be expected of him at this point, only six fights into his career.

I'm not saying Page is the next coming of Christ, but it's equally foolish prediction to say he'll be "exposed" the instant he faces a different stylistic matchup.

You don't really know any better than anyone else, but you enjoy being a naysayer because you think it makes you sound like you have some superior knowledge to the rest of these "idiots" who think Page is the best thing since sliced bread.

iTAmc.GIF

Sorry I don't speak D-level Sherdog psycho-analysis. Save that shit for your cohorts that give a shit about E-cred with a bunch of 12 year olds.

Michael Page=Houston Alexander until proven otherwise. I know it hurts but you're gonna pull through...

Last edited:
Talk to me when he fights a decent wrestler or striker..

The guy is talented and definitely a prospect but let's not pretend Sherdog isn't known for ridiculous hypetrains or anything.

Quoting and bolded for those who have trouble with comprehension.

Thank God the internet was invented. Otherwise, how would introverts feel good about themselves?

And this is why some of you fail so hard things; thinking thoughts being one of them.
Have I said he's not a good fighter? or that he's a can crusher? or that he'll never be good? Hell no, I have not. I think he's excellent and I love watching his work, but he's getting his reps in and getting better. He's not "FOR REAL" or "Top 10 Strikers in MMA!" yet because he beat up my local bartender who happened to have a reach as long as his.

I hope Page gets to an elite level and contends for Major titles. That's what I love about MMA. The only thing worse than the "Everyone new sucks" rhetoric you weirdos imply is the uber-defensive crybaby tactics you new kid on the block apologists employ to make it seem like you know more than everyone.

So what happens if he gets brutally KO'd his next 3 fights? Is this swept under the rug, where you guys can just conveniently forget the hype and the "TOP 10 MMA STRIKERSSS!" stuff? Of course you are. Let's hope that doesn't happen, because I don't think this forum could handle some of you MMA Experts being wrong about something...an untested prospect especially!

Why do you enter a pure hype thread just to tell people "lol you kids and your "mma striking"& "reach"" & "Oh puhleez". What do you expect?

It takes skills & balls to do what he does - even against mediocre opponents. Sure he might get KO'd the next 3 times he fights, but why speculate that now when we're high on him?

people are talking like MVP only fought Jitz guys in his short career

Some good wisdom there. And guys talking about Connor McGregor in a past tense like he's already been proven to be just hype. If I remember correctly he's not actually lost yet or even fought a great wrestler. Lets actually see what happens first :rolleyes:

Back