So now can we all agree that Michael Page is for real?

The Reed

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
He just dominated and embarrassed a very good MMA striker with longer reach than him. I'm not even sure if he took a hit. It'll still be interesting to see how he does vs. the first good wrestler he faces but you can't deny the mans talent without being a straight up hater.

Looks great but yeah we got to wait to see him vs a wrestler. I think he's ready for a tourney though.

I'd say he's definitely and interesting prospect. I initially disliked him after seeing his style in previous wins but liked what he had to say in his post fight talk. Came off as being humble and realizing that he's young in the game and interested in learning.

Excited to see him fight again. Not sure if it was just me but it kind of looked like he was gassing a bit before he landed the KO punch. He's not going to be able to knock everyone out, I'd like to see how he performs against strong wrestlers or truly competent strikers not guys who are going to run at him like his last two opponents.

No. It sounded good, though. Can't wait to see more.

lol you kids and your "mma striking" and "reach"

I've always felt his striking is legit, its the other areas of his game that i'm still not sure about. I also want to see how much facing a very good wrestler affects his striking game

His striking might be top 10 in MMA and he doesn't seem completely clueless in the clinch either. Still only 27 so he still has time to learn and grow.

Would love to see him against Stephen Thompson if he goes to the UFC.

He's got great potential, but he's not exactly "for real" until he gets a much bigger step up in competition.

Well, he's moved up another notch. Rainey was a step up...a guy i was very impressed by a couple months ago looked foolish tonight. Got to give props...he got the crowd and some social media all mad as well.

His history of pulling out with injuries and the Larry Johnson knee bandage job kind of makes me worried about his future though.

Oh puhleez

12467-Samuel-L-Jackson-DEAL-WITH-IT-mHjh.gif

He's great to watch now but IMO his style is too reckless for elite fighters. We'll see when he gets there cos it's just a matter of time now.

WAR Page!

However, I always think about his hands down style especially when the competition increases. I mean, it only takes one...

He's legit. Would like to see him in a tourney soon.

He's really not shit. He's a 'real' fighter... But his Striking is seriously overrated by the level of his opponents and his antics. Once his confidence is cracked his striking will be gone. He will never come near a belt in any division in any promotion.

Can't believe people are buying into this dude after last night

He's fun to watch, but my guess is he gets absolutely wrecked once he fights a top 25 fighter.

Rainey is a decent nobody. The list of guys like Rainey and Page who get padded records and then get destroyed against decent competition is very long. Page is flashy and fast, but my guess is once he fights a real good grappler he will be destroyed.

I did like Page's post fight interview. He has the right mindset, he's in no hurry to step up in competition. He likely knows his weaknesses and wants to work on them. Smart.

Back