So Nick Diaz is training with the 2 best MW Kickboxers in the world

It will take a lot more of that level of training to strike with Silva!

Diaz can train however he wants, this fight is still going to come down to how much age and injuries will affect Silva. The Silva of three years back would finish Diaz within three rounds, wouldn't even be a question. The Silva of today still has all the stylistical advantages.

Levin is one of the few kickboxing guys I like watching, best in their world.

He is gonna bust and cut Nick up something brutal....then Diaz can get high and cry that he didn't lose the fight like when KJ busted him up and stopped him.

People underestimate Nick. This will be a 5 round war.

If anything people overestimate Nick. The guy losses every time he faces a top fighter (except LW Gomi, which was a great win) yet idiots like you give him a chance against one of the best fighters in the world. His best win at WW is Old Penn and Daley. Thats sad

Looking back at Andy's opponents he hasn't faced anyone near the talent that Nick will bring besides The Chris and we all saw what happened....

Are you fucking joking? Nick hasn't done shit. He only gets talked of so highly because he is an interesting personality that has crazy fans. Every time he steps up in comp he gets beat. Most of Andersons opponents in the UFC are much more talented and accomplished then Nick

Good to see that Diaz is actually hungry for the win.

And I guess why wouldn't he be? A win over Anderson would probably give him a shot at the title at WW if he wants, and that means more $$$. He's beaten the old Lawler once, so that might seem enticing to him.

Always WAR Anderson...

I'm just hoping that this fight isnt part of the slide that other greats experienced, I'm hoping that Weidman was an outlier, and just had Andersons number as opposed to father time catching up with the Spider...

I'm confidant but nervous...

Anderson will donkey kong him within two rounds. But if you guys think Nick is being underestimated and that he's going to do better than expected then I'll say the 4th. Unless Silva got really old I can't see him losing to Diaz.

Er, he gets hit clean plenty. His biggest benefits are durability and willingness to take a punch to give a punch. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's worked for him. But his strategy is generally to just walk you down until your back is against the cage and then pitter-patter punch you until you wilt.

Would be nice to see him with more movement and some new offensive tricks in his arsenal. He's going to need it.

It's not just pitter patter punches though. He mixes up his shots really well. He doesn't throw 100% into every punch but that's part of what makes his technique dangerous. His opponent doesn't know if the next shot is going to be 100% to the head or body. I think Nick is one of the better boxers in the sport. He uses his pitter-patter shots to create openings for 100% hooks to the body.

This is such an interesting machup, both fighters are amazing in their own ways (imo). My hope is that it's a great back-and-forth fight and goes at least 3 rounds.

Before I read the caption I thought you were making a joke about Jake Shields. It was actually pretty funny.

People underestimate Anderson since losing the title.This will absolutley not be a 5 rnd war.Nick is legit but people are forgetting Andersons skills.

yea well he lost and this is sherdog, no surprises there - although the injury here was pretty brutal, both physically and mentally, doesnt seem like people remember that silva has skills too hahah

It's not just pitter patter punches though. He mixes up his shots really well. He doesn't throw 100% into every punch but that's part of what makes his technique dangerous. His opponent doesn't know if the next shot is going to be 100% to the head or body. I think Nick is one of the better boxers in the sport. He uses his pitter-patter shots to create openings for 100% hooks to the body.

This is such an interesting machup, both fighters are amazing in their own ways (imo). My hope is that it's a great back-and-forth fight and goes at least 3 rounds.

Anderson is amazing because he is the longest reigning champ in UFC history and top 2 greatest fighters ever. Nick is amazing because what? He beats unranked fighters then loses to the top WWs?

I hope he takes it more seriously than the GSP fight in which from what I remember he received barely any help from anyone and didn't train wrestling.

thats a motivated Nick Diaz

Nick+Diaz+Taunts+and+Slaps+Carlos+Condit+UFC+143+C

Just an fyi for the younger fans who werent watching MMA when Nick was known for his ground game and not his boxing or taunting.

#1 he KO'd the current welterweight champ
#2 he's been KO/TKO'd twice, both have been avenged
#3 between 2006 & 2011 he was 15-1 -NC
impressive wins over: Chris "Lights out" Lytle -Mike "Quick" Swick- Robbie Lawler- Josh "The Dentist" Neer -Gleison Tibau- kj Noons- Paul "Semtex" Daley & BJ Penn

I am not saying that Nick will win, but do not under estimate him or discredit his career wins

Last edited:
Anderson is amazing because he is the longest reigning champ in UFC history and top 2 greatest fighters ever. Nick is amazing because what? He beats unranked fighters then loses to the top WWs?

I'm sorry my opinion upsets you. Am i not allowed to be a fan of both Silva and Diaz? I think Diaz is amazing because he has great cardio, great boxing, great JJ, and a hell of a chin.

I'm sorry my opinion upsets you. Am i not allowed to be a fan of both Silva and Diaz? I think Diaz is amazing because he has great cardio, great boxing, great JJ, and a hell of a chin.

You can be a fan of whoever you want. Its just fucked up to talk about how they are both amazing in the same sentence since Anderson is an all time great and Nick has never been able to beat the top fighters in his weight class

Back