So Nick Diaz is training with the 2 best MW Kickboxers in the world

Artem is very good. He's very technical and smart. He's probably as close to AS as Diaz can find out there in this weight class.

Schilling is a brawler for what I've seen. Still though, he could probably contribute some as well

Anderson via murder...this is going to be such an easy fight for him it won't even be funny

so many people sleeping on Anderson just because he broke his damn leg, i guess that erases the fact that he was toying with top MW's throughout his career huh....i mean even if you put skill aside what is Diaz going to win on? based on his size? oh no wait Silva is much bigger.....

You can be a fan of whoever you want. Its just fucked up to talk about how they are both amazing in the same sentence since Anderson is an all time great and Nick has never been able to beat the top fighters in his weight class

Funny that you say that. He doesnt have the championship run AS has, neither he is in GOAT discussions but he has beaten the current WW champ and all of the best strikers he has faced in this weight class (except for CC but it was a close fight and CC did nothing special except for landing bunch of leg kicks that ultimately won him that fight).

Diaz just couldnt beat the wrestling based fighters. I think he stands a pretty good chance of beating Lawler, the guy that ran through the whole division.

I think you are confusing Nick with Nate.

Re-watch Condit-Nick.

He threw quite a bit of kicks in that fight.

Nope, I know the difference quite well.

I've been watching Nick since his first UFC run when he was actually a more complete fighter if that makes any damn sense. Since then he has practically abandoned his ground game which is still his best weapon.

Nick and Nate both have terrible kicks and kick defense.

Nick is quite famous for his "sarcastic karate kicks" actually.

For the record Nick landed 6 kicks on Carlos compared to Carlos's 68. Maybe you ought to re-watch the fight so you can see how ineffective Nick's kicking game really is.

Funny that you say that. He doesnt have the championship run AS has, neither he is in GOAT discussions but he has beaten the current WW champ and all of the best strikers he has faced in this weight class (except for CC but it was a close fight and CC did nothing special except for landing bunch of leg kicks that ultimately won him that fight).

Diaz just couldnt beat the wrestling based fighters. I think he stands a pretty good chance of beating Lawler, the guy that ran through the whole division.

I love how Diaz fans have no problem faulting Carlos for supposed inactivity but find no fault in Diaz's gameplan and actual inactivity.

If Carlos did nothing, Nick did far far far less than nothing.

He shuffled around the ring with his lead leg hanging out for Carlos to kick all night and never made a single adjustment until the last minute of round 5.

Last edited:
Nope, I know the difference quite well.

I've been watching Nick since his first UFC run when he was actually a more complete fighter if that makes any damn sense. Since then he has practically abandoned his ground game which is still his best weapon.

Nick and Nate both have terrible kicks and kick defense.

Nick is quite famous for his "sarcastic karate kicks" actually.

For the record Nick landed 6 kicks on Carlos compared to Carlos's 68. Maybe you ought to re-watch the fight so you can see how ineffective Nick's kicking game really is.

i was thinking about the kicks i've seen Nick throw and they are usually just like you describe "sarcastic". they seem to be more of a punctuation at the end of a combination, i'm not sure what the punctuation is tho. Maybe it's more of an emoticon, like an eyeroll. But yeah, both Diaz bro's need better kick defense and offense, have to agree with you there.

i was thinking about the kicks i've seen Nick throw and they are usually just like you describe "sarcastic". they seem to be more of a punctuation at the end of a combination, i'm not sure what the punctuation is tho. Maybe it's more of an emoticon, like an eyeroll. But yeah, both Diaz bro's need better kick defense and offense, have to agree with you there.

I like the meaning behind the kicks he throws. He is basically saying "I give so little fucks about you I'm just gonna start throwing weak ass ax kicks just because".

To call them effective at all is laughable, though. I'm looking at you Mikeyz.

I think Joe or Artem could have KOed Andy pre-Weidman. Excellent choice in partners.

I like the meaning behind the kicks he throws. He is basically saying "I give so little fucks about you I'm just gonna start throwing weak ass ax kicks just because".

To call them effective at all is laughable, though. I'm looking at you Mikeyz.

The zero-fucks-given kick :icon_lol:

Levin is a fucking beast. Higher level kick boxer than Silva for sure with Silva being the better pure boxer.

Also Levin is tall and lanky and has great fundamental boxing. Good sparring partner to prepare for the likes of Silva for sure.

Cant wait for this fight.

Levin is a fucking beast. Higher level kick boxer than Silva for sure with Silva being the better pure boxer.

Also Levin is tall and lanky and has great fundamental boxing. Good sparring partner to prepare for the likes of Silva for sure.

Cant wait for this fight.

Artem is a much better boxer than Andy.

If Anderson clinches with nick it will be a short night for him IMO. Hope it's a decent fight but it's a bad style matchup for nick.

Nick fans need to stop acting like this is huge. Current Robbie is 10 times the fighter he was when Nick beat him. Its always the same thing with Nick. People say "i think he could beat ____" and "he would out cardio _____ and win this fight", but he never does. His record is less then impressive when facing top fighters (1-6 vs top 10 WWs)

And Robbie has not come close to running "through the whole division".

he could be training with jesus and god at this point he still gonna get finished

He threw a serious one VS GSP and got his other leg swept

Nick fans need to stop acting like this is huge. Current Robbie is 10 times the fighter he was when Nick beat him. Its always the same thing with Nick. People say "i think he could beat ____" and "he would out cardio _____ and win this fight", but he never does. His record is less then impressive when facing top fighters (1-6 vs top 10 WWs)

And Robbie has not come close to running "through the whole division".

your math is off

BJ Penn welterweight title holder, Robbie Lawler welter weight title holder

Simon Marcus 2 Joe Shilling 1 - bring on fight 4.

Simon Marcus 1 Artem Levin 0

diaz is gonna do way better than everyone thinks

Diaz is being brought in to lose but he won't fall for the hype and be mentally beaten so that at least gives him a shot. He's training with kick boxers that would wreck Silva so at least he is getting good preperation

Good team. Maybe Diaz checks those leg kicks now as well.

Back