So Nick Diaz is training with the 2 best MW Kickboxers in the world

I wonder if he'll actually incorporate anything new into his fight style. Anything is better than his usual strategy of coming straight forward, using no angles, and throwing the same few punches over and over.

People underestimate Anderson since losing the title.This will absolutley not be a 5 rnd war.Nick is legit but people are forgetting Andersons skills.

vs mid level brawlers & wrasslers andy looks good

I wonder if he'll actually incorporate anything new into his fight style. Anything is better than his usual strategy of coming straight forward, using no angles, and throwing the same few punches over and over.

nick don't get hit clean much and he fights faster strikers not old slow brawlers

Seeing him making innocuous little jokes about his sparring partners not being in the picture makes me feel sort of bad about looking forward to seeing him get smashed.

nick don't get hit clean much and he fights faster strikers not old slow brawlers

Er, he gets hit clean plenty. His biggest benefits are durability and willingness to take a punch to give a punch. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's worked for him. But his strategy is generally to just walk you down until your back is against the cage and then pitter-patter punch you until you wilt.

Would be nice to see him with more movement and some new offensive tricks in his arsenal. He's going to need it.

Training with the best kickboxers in the world doesn't make you a great kickboxer.

Nick has been training with Joe for several years.

Has anyone seen Nick throw a serious kick in any fight?

Weird because I don't know how Nick hurts Silva, but I do know how Silva hurts Nick...yet I am still picking Diaz.

My call, Diaz by a grazing punch that catches an aging chin (a la Chuck vs. Franklin)

This was not a grazing punch

dvpu7n_jpg.gif

Just glad to see he is taking this seriously, all the stuff with Nate made me a little nervous

you dont absord the abilities of training partners. askren trains with pettis, doesnt make him an awesome striker. Phil Davis trains with Gus, doesnt make him an awesome striker. Justin Bieber trains with Floyd Mayweather, doesnt make him the greatest boxer ever.

Probably could have found a good youtube video on checking leg kicks :icon_lol:

Looking back at Andy's opponents he hasn't faced anyone near the talent that Nick will bring besides The Chris and we all saw what happened....

This was not a grazing punch

dvpu7n_jpg.gif

Agreed. When I first watched it, I thought it was, but looking at it over and over again, Rich landed flush on Liddell's chin.

Back