Television So I'm watching that 70s show

Wrote a paper in University on the metaethical pillars each character exhibited. So..... I've watched it far too much.

Every morning before classes, I'd be up at 6am watching MitM on some channel. It was my daily ritual. Way too much time spent on it. But at least it got me a quality grade in my class.

Wrote a paper in University on the metaethical pillars each character exhibited. So..... I've watched it far too much.

Every morning before classes, I'd be up at 6am watching MitM on some channel. It was my daily ritual. Way too much time spent on it. But at least it got me a quality grade in my class.
Cliffs?

I mean there's nothing much else to do where I'm working from home and I just want something to play in the background

I took a pandemic to convince me to watch the show haha

Just pressed play on the first episode

Let's talk about it I guess huh
It’s a great show. You’re gonna be happy you started watching it

It’s a great show. You’re gonna be happy you started watching it

Are we talking about Malcolm in the middle

I remember the earlier seasons from when I was younger but I'm curious as to what happens cuz I know that Francis does move to Alaska or something and a bunch of stuff

Are we talking about Malcolm in the middle

I remember the earlier seasons from when I was younger but I'm curious as to what happens cuz I know that Francis does move to Alaska or something and a bunch of stuff
He does move there with a hot Asian girl.

Did you ever see the episode where the family gets into an fight with a group of clowns at the batting cages? Brilliant

Frankie muniz is like 5 foot 3 but his gf is a hardbody
Wasn’t his girlfriend Hayden panatierre

UuoHc2Q.gif

Simplified and using more knowable philosophers and theories, thus slightly butchering but easier to digest. Also I'm leaving out side-characters. The thing was over 30 pages and I'm sure if I dug through some old hard drives I could find it but for now off the top of my head, and again, simplified to more archetypal philosophers.

Lois - Kantian Deontology. Constant.
Hal - Aquinian Good for Glory. Floating focus.
These two forms create
Reese - Neitszcheian "Will of power". Moves toward Kantianism.
Dewey - Hagelian Qualitative Hedonism. Moves toward enlightenment
Francis - Proudhon anarchistic to combat the perceived Authoritarianism.

Malcolm - Tabula rasa "Human" who struggles between the forms and who struggles with the conflict of Real-World applied Temperance and desire for an ultimate Goodness.

Last edited:
He does move there with a hot Asian girl.

Did you ever see the episode where the family gets into an fight with a group of clowns at the batting cages? Brilliant

Was cringey they used her as a native american character. But also was good to have a strong asian actress in a role.

Simplified and using more knowable philosophers and theories, thus slightly butchering but easier to digest. Also I'm leaving out side-characters. The thing was over 30 pages and I'm sure if I dug through some old hard drives I could find it but for now off the top of my head, and again, simplified to more archetypal philosophers.

Lois - Kantian Deontology. Constant.
Hal - Aquinian Good for Glory. Floating focus.
These two forms create
Reese - Neitszcheian "Will of power". Moves toward Kantianism.
Dewey - Hagelian Qualitative Hedonism. Moves toward enlightenment
Francis - Proudhon anarchistic to combat the perceived Authoritarianism.

Malcolm - Tabula rasa "Human" who struggles between the forms and who struggles with the conflict of Real-World applied Temperance and desire for an ultimate Goodness.

Do your cliffs have cliffs?

Do your cliffs have cliffs?
LOL. I'll try to make it super-cliff

Lois - There are moral and immoral actions that we can know fully. You can at times "do a bad thing" so long as you know to call yourself "bad" and are aware of your badness (smoking episode). Very Kantian.
Hal - Feeling Good is Good, but being Good and feeling Good is best.
Reese - Might is Right and learns there are times where Good can be known.
Dewey - Everything can be enjoyed as a thing because things are that and they can be and thus can be enjoyed. Then learned importance of quality in things. (Hegel is insane, don't worry about it)
Francis - Fuck "the man" and everyone with power is "the man"!! But then evolves to be "Good and stand up for those abused while also fucking the man"

Malcolm - It's all so confusing! I know what Right is but the world isn't black and white and I'm confused on what to do!!!!!

LOL. I'll try to make it super-cliff

Lois - There are moral and immoral actions that we can know fully. You can at times "do a bad thing" so long as you know to call yourself "bad" (smoking episode). Very Kantian.
Hal - Feeling Good is Good, but being Good and feeling Good is best.
Reese - Might is Right and learns there are times where Good can be known.
Dewey - Everything can be enjoyed as a thing because things are that and they can be and thus can be enjoyed. Then learned importance of quality in things. (Hegel is insane, don't worry about it)
Francis - Fuck "the man" and everyone with power is "the man"!! But then evolves to be "Good and stand up for those abused while also fucking the man"

Malcolm - It's all so confusing! I know what Right is but the world isn't black and white and I'm confused on what to do!!!!!

Thank you now I get it

Interesting stuff :)

HEy it's the guy from brooklyn 99

AND HES A COP

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-13_16-29-26.png
    upload_2021-5-13_16-29-26.png
    626 KB · Views: 3
Thank you now I get it

Interesting stuff :)
Honestly, I should revisit my thesis because I bet I could find better examples than the philosophers I ended up using.

My Masters' paper was on "What is 'Good for' and can it be known" which sought to determine an objective sense of the often subjectively used "good for". So a lot of my MitM paper was mired in that thought process. I bet if I went back and watched it now, free of the particular dozen or so Philosophers I was focused on (kekes, kraut, and the like) I might find better and more succinct examples of each characters ethos and logos. But.... I mean, where would I find the time?

Back