• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So how good can Kamaru's brother be?

He'll probably eventually reach top 5 and possibly have a title shot at one point. It's HW Division, at this current time it's the most unskilled where fighters rely solely on knock out power which Usman has.
Lol. Are you a troll or you’re just dumb? Does Stipe, Gane, Blaydes, Aspinall, Volkov, Romanov, Spivak rely solely on KO power? Why isn’t Derrick Lewis the champ then?

A nice addition to HW division. I guess we’ll see him at top15 at some point

He's too muscular - look at all the champions or top contenders none of them look like they can be body builders. The reality is that being that big requires a ton of oxygen to operate, and as long as he is that big cardio will always be a problem for him. Ultimately he'll get exploited by better conditioned fighters.
Yeah there needs to be a balance. Muscle but not overly bulky with too much mass. It's like the Cell Saga in DBZ. Have to balance out the stats when it comes to muscle building. Too much muscle and your other stats go down when it comes to speed/movement/cardio/conditioning.

Lol. Are you a troll or you’re just dumb? Does Stipe, Gane, Blaydes, Aspinall, Volkov, Romanov, Spivak rely solely on KO power? Why isn’t Derrick Lewis the champ then?

They all suck, Aspinall and Stipe are the only guys who are skilled out of the people you named. Cormier was the last actual competent MMA fighter in the HW division.

They all suck, Aspinall and Stipe are the only guys who are skilled out of the people you named. Cormier was the last actual competent MMA fighter in the HW division.
Lol, you’re a complete moron. Gane is the most skilled HW striker ever. Blaydes is a excellent wrestler and his striking has become really good as well. Spivak is incredibly well rounded and still improving. I hope for your own sake that you’re a troll

I saw him once on Pfl, thought he sucked. He doesn't suck that bad but he aint great

Based on his fights in the TUF house and last night, I honestly don’t see him going too far…

That being said, fighters are constantly improving in their careers, and Usman can only get better.

cut after 3 losses against journeymen. eagle fc will welcome him.

Athletic but not incredibly skilled. I think he gets Kod twice by some top 15 guys and quits.

Definitely has great power.

Needs to improve on his technique but his ko power is insane he will eventually need to go to 205 imo

Top 15 with good matchmaking. No more. He is not good at all. Guys like Spivak who isn't even ranked would tear him a new one.
In fairness Spivak is very solid and is under-rated imo. If you want to see how "good" Usman is watch his TUF fights. He should have lost his first fight to a guy who was clowning around the whole fight. He was not dominant in any fight and the HWs on TUF were horrendous. I thought Zac was the best by far and was shocked Usman slept him. Usman is not smooth at all and I am not sure if any amount of training can fix that. He is just stiff and plodding. He just looks very uncomfortable and out of his element as a fighter. I think he should lose some mass and work on speed / flexibility / explosiveness. He seems more like a body builder trying to fight. I dont think Usman could even beat someone like Hardy at this point.

He's 33 on one hand and on the other he doesn't really have fight mileage on him. With a good gym who knows what happens.

He's stiff, overly muscular, slow, lacking fundamentals, bad cardio...

Yeah, he can be HW champ.

Has he actually gassed out in some of his other fights or are you saying that purely based off of his appearance? Because Kamaru looks like he would have bad cardio too but he doesn't obviously

Fair point - I mean it's possible for him to manage all that muscle, I guess I speak more generally about fighters with that body type - they dont often go very far.

It has everything to do with it Rand, Shitmir rode one got injured and won the lousy championshit. Don't cha see Rand..brother usman needs to ride, get injured, than become champ. Destinshit.
Haha. I’m literally fucking laughing out loud right now.

Destinshit. Fucking lol.

I honestly expect him to wash out in a few years. He arguably lost his fights in the TUF house. But I would happily be wrong about this.
But my expectations of him, I put him a tier above the Chase Shermans of the division, but under the Augusto Sakais.

Actually Usman vs Sherman isn’t a bad matchup for him. Or against Justin Tafa.

He looks rough. The other guy was piecing him up before the ko

He's too muscular - look at all the champions or top contenders none of them look like they can be body builders. The reality is that being that big requires a ton of oxygen to operate, and as long as he is that big cardio will always be a problem for him. Ultimately he'll get exploited by better conditioned fighters.
Usman and ngannou beg to differ

Back