So...do people still think JDS has the best boxing in the UFC?

I never said anything like that, but I believe he's one of the most powerful boxers in the UFC. Which I still stand by.

Nobody in MMA has good boxing. None could hang with good boxers. Anderson is the best MMA striker but even he would not be competetive.

LOL

JDS's boxing was really overhyped through the roof on this board for monthes.

Yesterday exposed his lack of defensive boxing indeed.
Yes he is fast, powerful and has a very good chin, but his technical boxing is nothing special imo

I like Nick Diaz and Cub's boxing currently. No matter what JDS is right there at the top. Everyone loses fights. Anderson and Jones will lose sooner or later. You need to keep things in perspective after a guy takes a loss.

Hey keyboard warrior - fear of takedowns makes you hesitant to strike. It messes up your game. Dos Santos has better boxing than Cain but he got beat in a MMA-fight. Get it? No?

I still think he has the best boxing in the division. His boxing didn't have anything to do with getting radgolled and beat on by the best fighter in the world.

Put a pro boxer in there with Cain and behold the massacre Cain puts on that guy.

I think JDS really does think he could fight for a world boxing title, with the rocky music & all to boot, whether he still feels that way after being outstruck by cain....

LOL

JDS's boxing was really overhyped through the roof on this board for monthes.

Yesterday exposed his lack of defensive boxing indeed.
Yes he is fast, powerful and has a very good chin, but his technical boxing is nothing special imo

It was, I was really hoping this fight would let me see what some of the Sherdoggers here have been raving about finally lol. I've always said he had punching power but I rarely saw any actual "Boxing" that looked overwhelmingly great. No significantly better speed, combos or footwork, but of course the power was there, but that's not exactly Boxing in the sense of how it was hyped to be.

Never believed he could come close to doing anything with either Klitchkobut in the UFC but he is one the better boxers. Sure he lost and got a broken jaw but so did Ali. That didn't make him any less of a boxer.

Anyone who claims JDS can beat Klitchko in a boxing match is beyond dumb. That's like a new low for Sherdog standards.

Yes i still think he does, along with Anderson Silva. Ofcourse he could never beat a klitschko.

Yesterday Cain gave him no chance to feel comfortable and feel his range (which in boxing you constantly do). He put pressure on him by threatening with takedowns and rush in quick with strikes.

Im off the opinion that in a boxing match Junior would probably kill Cain but thats not the sport they do.

Cain had a brilliant gameplan and executed it perfectly. I think the gameplan was simular last time except he let junior find his range for too long.

I still think he has the best boxing in the division. His boxing didn't have anything to do with getting radgolled and beat on by the best fighter in the world.

Put a pro boxer in there with Cain and behold the massacre Cain puts on that guy.

This...
In this post people are focussing on JDS, but I think the credit should really go to Cain for neutralising JDS's boxing with his great wrestling pace.

Yes but MMA is a whole different world. You have to block so many attacks and counter. Boxing is like elementary school, MMA is a doctorate.

Yes, he still has some of the best boxing in MMA.

Getting thrashed and pressured, repeatedly taken down by a wrestler doesn't change that. Nobody else could do that but Cain.

Is it like all the combos he landed in his previous fights were accidental or something?

Back