So...do people still think JDS has the best boxing in the UFC?

He is still one of the best boxers in the UFC and I still see him as the best boxer among all MMA HWs, not just in the UFC. Being the best at one striking style wasn't enough. Shit happens.

I think Jds has top 5 boxing in the UFC in terms of effectiveness

LOL

JDS's boxing was really overhyped through the roof on this board for monthes.

Yesterday exposed his lack of defensive boxing indeed.
Yes he is fast, powerful and has a very good chin, but his technical boxing is nothing special imo

Have a goliath come at you that can take you down relentlessly and see if you can throw hands.

Junior's boxing looked bad last night because he totally underestimated Cain's and wasn't prepared for it. Also, Cain was smart enough to realize that Junior doesn't like to be pressured.

Junior's boxing is excellent by MMA standards. I think he would do well in the Olympics, possibly medal.

Yes i still think he does, along with Anderson Silva. Ofcourse he could never beat a klitschko.

Yesterday Cain gave him no chance to feel comfortable and feel his range (which in boxing you constantly do). He put pressure on him by threatening with takedowns and rush in quick with strikes.

Im off the opinion that in a boxing match Junior would probably kill Cain but thats not the sport they do.

Cain had a brilliant gameplan and executed it perfectly. I think the gameplan was simular last time except he let junior find his range for too long.

Some good points made.

JDS has excellent boxing. It just goes to show that if you don't know how to wrestle, you don't know how to fight. No one said the James Toney's boxing got "exposed" after Couture out-wrestled him.

If the fight was a boxing match, Cain would have lost again.

The Klitchko reference is stupid.

Hard to box someone who's grabbing at your ankle.

yeah I still think he has one of the best boxing in MMA.

this fight vs Cain also shows that a great wrestler who sets an insane pace can totally nullify a boxer though, as great as he is.

We've seen many display of it, Bendo vs Nate was such a fight too, and expect GSP vs Nick to be of the same kind.

I still think he's a good boxer and this fight does nothing to change that. Cain was not simply trying to box with JDS. He was throwing strikes and constantly changing levels. The threat of the takedown was always there.

Nobody in MMA has good boxing. None could hang with good boxers. Anderson is the best MMA striker but even he would not be competetive.

And boxers wouldn't stand a chance in a MMA fight, or in a No Holds Barred fight. They would also get beaten easily in a pure wrestling match. So what difference does it make? I don't care. I watch MMA to see the best MMA guys in the world. If I still watched boxing, I would be watching to see the best boxers in the world.

Back