so amateur boxers like Conor and Cody lowkey take over their divisions with additional mma training

LEL?

Because Mendez was schooling him EVERYWHERE until he gassed......

Conor didn't gameplan for a wrestler though. Conor's a very well prepared fighter. I can't say for sure he had looked better with a full camp focusing on Mendes, but I think so. Same goes for you saying Mendes would win with a full camp.

Yes a good boxer can train for years in other areas and become a good MMA fighter...Just like wrestler, kickboxer or a BJJ guy can.

A boxer with no training in other areas however gets destroyed in a MMA fight vs a MMA fighter.

Train in other areas for a few years and you are no longer a boxer...You're a mixed martial artist.

Why did you have to include lowkey in your title? Did people not realize they did it?

Why did you have to include lowkey in your title? Did people not realize they did it?
people don't realize they did it because of their amateur boxing background

if you listen to shertards you would thought Cody was just some wild hook throwing brawler and not a student of the sweet science

people actually said Dom was the more technical striker. LOL

Yep i have no doubt any high level boxers would DOMINATE mma

Boxing > UFC

The unified rules, wraps/gloves, rounds, quick stand-ups, etc. have always favored boxers who can wrestle. It's amazing that Muay Thai and BJJ continue to be as relevant in modern MMA as they are.

We started MMA to stop all this "X martial art is better than Y martial art" bullshit.

The truth is that there are techniques in nearly every martial art that can be useful in MMA, but they often have to be heavily modified to work in the cage. Also we have no idea who can effectively transition from a strong base to being well rounded until they do it, so just stop talking about it. Guys like Cody who trained wrestling and boxing growing up have basically been training MMA their entire lives. Another example is Rory MacDonald.

Last edited:
Am boxing is what MMA fighters do to get some extra training.

Doesn't make them boxers.

people don't realize they did it because of their amateur boxing background

if you listen to shertards you would thought Cody was just some wild hook throwing brawler and not a student of the sweet science

people actually said Dom was the more technical striker. LOL
Does it matter? An MMA fighter needs stand up now days to be great and it can be from Boxing, Muay Thai, Kickboxing or whatever. But no MMA fighter is gonna reach the level Cody has without a MIX of multiple disciplines. Cody would've been GnPed, subbed or layed on without some wrestling.

Wrestling is king.
Maybe from 2006-2011.

Then all of a sudden, all the wrestlers like Gray Maynard and Woodley became Wrestle-Boxers.

Anderson was the first to adopt high level boxing in MMA, and even Ronda tried to do it.

The amateur boxers are young enough to make a dedicated switch early. The top boxers in the world not so much.

I post like once a year these days and as was pointed out to you there was no "Like" feature back when I was a regular poster.

......... and quite frankly my little Millennial, if you think "Likes" on a website are important then you need to get laid (for free).

Although I admit it does look pretty funny, my like count, not your life.
hmm i only mentioned it cuz it looked funny as u have mentioned aswel, and u go on a mini rant because of that?

How many of these boxers also wrestled at a young age?

I think you are underestimating the level of hard work involved.

Back