Sleep goggles?

I have honestly never heard of people wearing something like this unless they have had eye surgery. I am also pretty sure I have never poked myself in the while sleeping

Besides , your eyes are closed when you sleep. You shouldn't really be able to make contact with your actual eye ball I would've thought

Weird shit

I've never poked myself in the eye. My wife claims I have hit her while we were sleeping while I was tossing and turning which I do a lot. So I guess there is a better chance I might poke her in the eye while sleeping.

That too is very freaking dangerous. It's harder for her to cook you meals if she can't see.

TS is haunted by the ghost of Moe Howard.

After I had my corneal transplant I had to wear special a special patch for a good week and a half so I didn't poke my eye or anything when I slept.

Also fun fact about that surgery, you end up getting a recently deceased persons cornea. Its a little creepy knowing that I have a dead persons cornea in my right eye

you should buy the boxing gloves and try to knock some fucking sense into your brain.
I lost.

But seriously, just wear a fucking motorcycle helmet to bed. Or glue your hand to your face to block the eye pokes ala three stooges style.

You see dead people? Hurr
After I had my corneal transplant I had to wear special a special patch for a good week and a half so I didn't poke my eye or anything when I slept.

Also fun fact about that surgery, you end up getting a recently deceased persons cornea. Its a little creepy knowing that I have a dead persons cornea in my right eye

After a laser surgery you've basically damaged the fuck out of your eyes, so a mild rub while sleeping because it's not feeling right would destroy your new pair of well working eyes.
That would suck, need to get those Riddick eyes, they're foul proof.

How the fuck do you poke yourself in the eye?
That's what i am wondering....i have NEVER EVER done that before...When i hit the hay i close my eyes and i am dead body...no movement what-so-ever.

Where does this come from? Is this like a mental thing?

When you get a check up and the doctor whacks your knee to check for reflex and gets you to close your eyes then touch your nose, he's probably checking for something wrong. Maybe you get bonked on the head or get a fever that damages some brain cells, then end up having involuntary movement while sleeping.

Also, I think that's probably why they put little mitts on babies so they don't poke themselves involuntarily.

You know those clear plastic face masks NBA players sometimes wear? I want something like that that has big bulges over the eye area to not pressure the eyeballs and also some ventilation holes.

kobe_bryant_lakers_mask.jpg

When you get a check up and the doctor whacks your knee to check for reflex and gets you to close your eyes then touch your nose, he's probably checking for something wrong. Maybe you get bonked on the head or get a fever that damages some brain cells, then end up having involuntary movement while sleeping.

Something tells me you have been bonked on the head a few too many times.
But no, head trauma is not known to cause self-eye-poking...

That's gross and scary..i am glad your eye is cool though

You sure he's dead?

I lost.

But seriously, just wear a fucking motorcycle helmet to bed. Or glue your hand to your face to block the eye pokes ala three stooges style.

You lost reading Crocop42's comment and I just lost reading this.

Lol @ Ravden's Simpsons reference.

To the folks talking about never being poked in the eye while sleeping and making jokes to TS, I think it needs to be understood that this is a big world and stranger things have happened and in reality this type of thing in fact happens quite often. I would be willing to bet all of us have accidentally poked ourselves in the eye at some point in our lives albeit asleep or awake. It's just not recollected by any of us as it wasn't memorable or detrimental the way it might be if your eyes were extremely vulnerable to an otherwise forgettabe incident. Its more so just embarrassing or something we'd laugh off for a few seconds until we stop blinking from the incidental poke.
But we've all had stupid moments like this where we go to scratch our forehead and inadvertantly poke ourselves in the eye. Or go to grab a fork beside our plate but accidentally smack our hand on the table while reaching.
Small things like this happen all the time to all of us, but depending on the situation were each in, it can be something we shrug off and instantly forget, or it can be the next entry in the Darwin Award.

It may sound silly to the rest of us, but TS is down to his last pair of eyes and he's just trying to take care of them.

Back