Skill and Power Trumps Size (Andrade vs Chookagian)

Andrade is a legit killer who will crush you if she hurts you. Chookagian is a point fighter who ended up getting crushed...
EmbarrassedAlienatedFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

in this clip she's manlier than me. but of course the average sherbros would laugh at any mma fighter not ngannou sized.

Tbh, I was really shocked how many people went against Andrade, the woman many people were picking to beat Rose again. Could you imagine if Rose fought Katlyn? Fuckin no one would favor Katlyn.

Same. It was weird. I was thinking I must have missed something regarding Andrade that hinders her chances, or something.

Jessica Andrade is like a tank. She kinda reminds me of a female prime John Dodson. How many WMMA fighters have this type of one punch ko power?

image-placeholder-title.gif

Depends on how many wmma are d*mb enough to open and lift their chin like Karolina did...

She ain’t bad but she brute forces a lot of what she does. I guess it’s up to her opponent to be better than that and it’s working so far so why change

Valentina already faced someone better and taller than Andrade, having the same demolition power on her hands. And she won that rematch, so...

I don't think she beats Valentina at all. But just imagine the shock if she pulled off another Rose-esque ko win. Sherdog would shit a virtual brick.
I think that'd be awesome.
bomb hands. but sadly she folds under pressure.
What?? Andrade IS the pressure lmao, when has she ever folded in a fight? She has more mental strength than some fighters beloved on here.

I think that'd be awesome.

What?? Andrade IS the pressure lmao, when has she ever folded in a fight? She has more mental strength than some fighters beloved on here.

i meant mental pressure. she folded vs Zhang and the first 2 rounds against Rose.

i meant mental pressure. she folded vs Zhang and the first 2 rounds against Rose.
This makes no sense. She didn't fold vs Zhang, she got TKO'd. She didn't fold vs Rose either lmao, how do you fold then unfold in a fight.

JA is a tank and vicious but she gets blasted hard against Val. It could be the female version of Silva v leben

Yeah, i really dont know what to say. Anyone that watches MMA should know that there was a huge difference both in skill and pshysical attributes between Andrade and Chookagian. If anyone disagrees, probably doesnt know what he is talking about.

Man, I wouldn't go that far. Chook had her path to a win, and she was doing fine in some areas. I spent hours studying for this match because I had 2k on Andrade. Obviously, I thought Andrade was going to win, but I was definitely worried throughout the fight.

It was good Andrade hurt her, and I'm not saying she fluked it and would not have gotten the finish later, but the size difference was giving Andrade a ton of problems in the stand up. Andrade was whinging shots and ducking trying to strike with her and it wasn't working. The barrel forward and clinch approach certainly did. I was just starting to worry that Chook might be able to keep Andrade on the outside and catch her ducking into a knee or something. I didn't think Andrade was really coming off better in any of the striking exchanges, but then, I didn't really expect her to unless it was deep in the pocket.

The ground was a tad worrying as well. Chook's long ass legs were a concern for me coming into the fight, and when she was going for triangles and arm bars, I was having some flashbacks to ANdrade getting tapped out by Marion I think it was.

The body shot and the follow up body shot and finish was awesome though. I expected Andrade to sort of just beat her down with a lot of GNP from side control, so the finish she got was pretty surprising and very welcome. How about that fucking slam she did? I couldn't believe there were so many people on here saying that Andrade wouldn't be able to do that sort of power move a weight class up. It's as if they completely forgot she was able to do that sort of shit even at BW haha.

Still, I fucking love Chookagian. She is my biggest money maker by far lol. You know exactly what you're going to get with her and that makes her fights so easy. I bet on her to win her last two and bet against her this time and she's never given me any surprises. Think she's made me like 7-8k just on her own at this point, so #ChookBless.

"The barrel forward and clinch approach" is the reason Chookagian didnt stand a chance. Thats what Andrade does. She bullies people with her strenght and raw power. Thats her style. The only advantage Chookagian had is being larger, and she is only a "good striker" by WMMA standards, while Andrade not only is stronger, more skilled and had more experience, but also already fought and even beat larger strikers in the past.

Also, good for you for making some good money pal. Congrats!

This thread is me gloating a bit, because exactly what I said would happen, happened.

View attachment 807803

Honestly, I'm very surprised so many people picked against Andrade for this fight, based solely on Katlyn's size advantage. I thought it was apparently obvious Jessica was leaps and bounds better than Katlyn. I thought she should have been a much bigger favorite, and Saturday night she proved me right. Katlyn had nothing for Jessica. Despite being 8 inches taller, Jessica was still able to pick her and slam her to the mat with ease, and Katlyn just could not withstand her power.

Katlyn thought she could keep the much smaller Jessica at bay with her reach, but she was just overwhelmed by the relentless savage that is Jessica Andrade, as I knew she would be.

Finally, 125 has an actual decent contender. Someone significant for Valentina to fight! That said, Valentina should be a very clear favorite for their matchup. I'd say she should be at least -250.
Was there really a size advantage on fight night?

Imagine seeing Valentina getting wobbled. She's up there with Khabib and Jones for fighters I just can't picture getting wobbled or koed in a fight

Jessica Andrade is like a tank. She kinda reminds me of a female prime John Dodson. How many WMMA fighters have this type of one punch ko power?

image-placeholder-title.gif
You mean her only knockout? Everyone, it's easy to knock someone out with a punch they aren't seeing. If Karolina was actual throwing proper punches and keeping her eyes on Andrade that most likely wouldn't have knocked her out, because again that's her only KO.

You mean her only knockout? Everyone, it's easy to knock someone out with a punch they aren't seeing. If Karolina was actual throwing proper punches and keeping her eyes on Andrade that most likely wouldn't have knocked her out, because again that's her only KO.
List all the other WMMA fighters with one Punch KOs, not TKOs then.

Maybe i don't pay enough attention to WMMA, but when i saw Andrade against this choockagain chick, i knew Andrade was going to win. I guess i should have bet money because i didn't even know she was the underdog. That said, WMMA is such shit. I really don't understand who gets excited for this shit. Really?

Maybe i don't pay enough attention to WMMA, but when i saw Andrade against this choockagain chick, i knew Andrade was going to win. I guess i should have bet money because i didn't even know she was the underdog. That said, WMMA is such shit. I really don't understand who gets excited for this shit. Really?
She wasn't the underdog, she was just only a slight favorite. Shoulda been a heavy favorite.

She wasn't the underdog, she was just only a slight favorite. Shoulda been a heavy favorite.
I thought i read she was underdog, but yeah she should have been a heavy favorite. I really need to consider betting. I just hate losing money. MMA is a coin toss more times then not.

"The barrel forward and clinch approach" is the reason Chookagian didnt stand a chance. Thats what Andrade does. She bullies people with her strenght and raw power. Thats her style. The only advantage Chookagian had is being larger, and she is only a "good striker" by WMMA standards, while Andrade not only is stronger, more skilled and had more experience, but also already fought and even beat larger strikers in the past.

Also, good for you for making some good money pal. Congrats!

Yeah, I mean, I agree, and I didn't have any doubt Andrade would win. It was just still worrying when she was trying to stand at range and strike with her. I figured it'd be a matter of time before she just got where she wanted and did her thing though.

And with Chook, she really is where she is purely because the division is so bad. She was the no.1 contender. She'd be lucky to crack top 5 at BW or SW.

True, but this is an interesting fight choice to make that point...

Andrade looked like the bigger fighter, though Chookagian has a sizable height advantage...

And I would think that Chookagian was the more the more skilled fighter...

Andrade definitely had the power advantage though.

If you had seen UFC 1 youd already have known this Congrats on the revelation though.

Back