Since Cain won't dare a takedown against Werdum, how do you see a pure striking match

I'm still not entirely convinced by Werdums boxing defence which if anything has regressed from his late Pride days but equally I think that first match exposed serious holes in Cain's defence as well.

Many people were constantly looking to downplay that Kongo fight for example as Cain still being green but gassed or not we saw he does not have great defence against an opponent with decent straight punches and knees.

In retrospect I think we can see JDS was tailor made him in that he lacked this ability to counter forward movement, very dangerous at range but he couldn't punish Cain pushing forward aggressively.

Despite what happened in last fight, I still favor Cain in the rematch

Werdum is always improving and needs to only focus on what he did in the first fight, Cain is back to basics I think. Pure striking he will get lit up again, though he probably more cautious and wait for later rounds. I think he thought he was going to walk throuh him but no

Cain wins fights via ground and pound and wall n brawl.

Werdum beats Cain on the ground. Werdum clinch knees Cain on the wall.

Werdum is longer and more diverse in the center, and has no fear of being taken down, enabling him to kick and knee as he likes.

Its was hard to believe people didn't see this rock paper scissors match for what it was before the first match, and still not seeing it means you don't want to.

Cain is a great fighter but this is a horrible match-up for him. Werdum would have a tougher time with a number of different guys at HW.

Wardooom >>>>> Cain
Cain >>>>>>>>>>> everyone else
Wardroom >>> everyone else

Cain takes him down.... he made a simple mistake in the first match... he won't do it again

He made the simple mistake of getting punched and kneed in the face repeatedly and choked out.

That's a hell of a simple mistake.

Wardooom >>>>> Cain
Cain >>>>>>>>>>> everyone else
Wardroom >>> everyone else

Idk I think Fabricio could have issues with JDS & Reem still. Not saying he couldn't beat them, but yea

I think Cain beats him on the feet, I think altitude, cardio and ring rust where factors last time.

Watch Cain's last 5 fights. He's got more to worry about that cardio and rust. He basic technique was AWFUL against Werdum. And if you look... It's how he's always fought ... very little regard for what is coming and very little technique when throwing.

JDS is AMAZINGLY slow off the mark and durable ... which made those beatings look REALLY one sided ... which they were. But i don't think you can use that as a benchmark for how Cain fights... I think looking at the Congo fight is a better place to start. The same mistakes he had there are still present. A good striker that will plant his feet and punch through or over the guard as Cain comes in will always cause him trouble...The idea that someone can "walk through" punches is absurd.... Couple that with Werdum not being concerned too much about being on the ground. I think Cain loses .. Cardio and Rust or not. This is a BAD fight for Cain. REALLY bad. 2 losses back to back to the Champ... He'll be in no man's land

Last edited:
Adon10.gif

Exactly dude, I see multiple fireballs being punished with ultras

Cain wins fights via ground and pound and wall n brawl.

Werdum beats Cain on the ground. Werdum clinch knees Cain on the wall.

Werdum is longer and more diverse in the center, and has no fear of being taken down, enabling him to kick and knee as he likes.

Its was hard to believe people didn't see this rock paper scissors match for what it was before the first match, and still not seeing it means you don't want to.

Cain is a great fighter but this is a horrible match-up for him. Werdum would have a tougher time with a number of different guys at HW.

This 1000 times.

I actually bet that Cain takes him down immediately. The problem wasn't Cain going for a takedown, it was waiting until Werdum had lit him up with serious damage on the feet and Cain was completely gassed out before going for a takedown. He let Werdum's ground game get in his head and make him scared of the takedown until he had no choice but to shoot on Werdum because he was getting just flat out destroyed on the feet. By that point, it was too late.

My guess is Cain works on a ton of jiu-jitsu defense this camp and shows no fear of taking Werdum down to the ground, early and often.

Werdum is just too 'new and improved' for Cain to beat, he will outstrike Cain and with Cain worried about being submitted his wrestling will be a non factor.

Werdum will win the rematch

I see this happenening

Werdum is now more confident than ever he knows his shit. He will probably commit to more hard strikes that will put away Cain in the 3rd round again..

Cain is tough and has some good set of skills him self But if he is forced to fight on the ground he is going to get caught its a long fight.

He will GNP him this time. It's his best shot to win.

Given what we saw last time, and what we know about their skill sets, it is hard to make a case for Cain winning, no matter where this bout is contested.

This "he is just too good for Cain" argument reminds me all the talk before Cain/JDSII.

"Ohh, he is just too fast and too powerful, with amazing TDD, horrible match up for Cain"

Given what we saw last time, and what we know about their skill sets, it is hard to make a case for Cain winning, no matter where this bout is contested.

What you know about Cain is that both of his losses came after an injury and besides those fights, he has destroyed everybody in spectacular fashion. Yeah, you

Back