Silva's striking, St. Pierre's takedowns or Aoki

you can really only have anderson's striking and gsp's takedowns if you have their body type.

If you don't have the height and reach of Anderson, then you can't do it.

Even with Gsp. Gsp gets his takedowns with his striking. He'll "poke" at you on the outside with his long jab, superman punch, kicks. Then once the opponent overcommits Gsp changes levels for the takedown. If Gsp had a short reach, then his takedowns won't work.

So anyone good is all reach?

anderson striking obviously lol... is it even close?

I would actually take Gsp's wrestling over Silva's striking. The only reasons his striking is always so good is because he is confident, has good TDD, great submissions, confidence, and most people fear him before he even steps int the octagon.

However, if it weren't for the other things, his striking would not be that good. He could get taken down, submitted, or gassed out. St Pierre's striking gives you the ability to keep the fight standing or on the ground. I agree that his striking is better than Gsp's wrestling or Aoki's submissions, I just think the wrestling would be preferred to be the most successful in MMA

Anderson's striking. There's no way I could ever get that kind of timing and reflexes on my own to compliment the diversity of what he throws.

If I have to choose between the ability to roll around on the ground with men and the matrix...

I choose the matrix.

tumblr_lv1qnw6bIF1qlskhvo1_500.gif

/thread

Probably Aoki's grappling. It's almost like Werdum used to be before his striking improved. He was almost forced to stand with guys because they wouldn't go to the ground with him. I feel like to can survive around the top 10 with slick subs, but even with Anderson Silva like striking you need some sort of ground game to fight off the good grapplers. The UFC is a grapplers game aside from a few anomalies like Silva.

Silva forsure. I'd choose Aldo over both though

So anyone good is all reach?

No, but you basically you have to fight a specific style that fits your body. If you're short with little reach.

You better have a chin. Because that's your only chance of being a top tier fighter. Give Anderson's training mentor/sparring partners/work ethic/fight IQ etc etc to most MW fighters and they can't be as effective as Anderson, in part because of bodytype.

GSP complete package>Anderson's striking>Aoki's submssion's

That's a hard choice. I'll answer this when I get my blue belt in BJJ. Lol

Silva striking, I am comfortable at grappling already and his striking would be more useful for a non pro like me.

In a day to day situation being a deadly striker is more useful

I know. I could really use the ability to slip into the matrix and KO people at the office.

Which ever makes the most money. Probably silvas striking, can translate to mid tier boxing which would make more money then high level wrestling and jiujitsu and gsp and aoki are only the top in mma versions of them.

Each skill would be ok in mma but would drastically rely on improving others and mid tier mma isnt as great as mid tier boxing for money.

Boxing probably has more risk long term term then wrestling and bjj but hopefully silvas skill is enough to have a health career without too much damage.

On another note, gsp accent and looks would get all the ladies, but if we are going that route is sexyama's sexyness available?

Silva's striking. Nothing more bad ass then knocking dudes out with a flashy style follow by pure brutality.

Anderson's striking & clinch game is unmatched.

Back