Silva's striking, St. Pierre's takedowns or Aoki

I am already a good wrestler, so I would have to take Silva's striking...I would be a god!

Mark Hunt's atomic butt drop ftw

Silva's striking would be incredible

Id definitely have Silva's striking. Having the ability to put anyones lights outs has to be a great feeling. Wrestling is good but pointless if you cant finish someone once you have them down.

Subs are a close second but being that all fights start on the feet and you have to close distance to take someone down (and be able to take them down), id think striking ability is the best thing to have.

Anderson Silva's striking can KO an average person off his back. Plus, I dont think I would get out grappled in a street situation

Obviously the wrestling. You can have career with only Wrestling (Sonnen etc) you can't have a career now with only striking or only jits. So GSP's wrestling

How does one get said fight to ground to use said prowess without good wrestling.

Pull guard. If they are too big, create chaos/scrambles/running around and eventually just jump on their back. Or just slide into them, tie up a leg, and go full retard paul harris on their heel.

Edit: I interpret this thread as which you would rather have in a random fight against joe blow. You probably are thinking which ud rather have in the cage.

Last edited:
gsp wrestling. no one could stop you from putting them on their back. plus im not a good wrestler

Taking some guy down in a whore house is not an option, I'll go with Silva's striking.

Back