Silva's striking, St. Pierre's takedowns or Aoki

I'd take GSP's wrestling. I'm a pretty good striker (or at least was while I was still actively competing) and not clueless on the ground either, but I've never really trained in any takedown focused martial art (wrestling, judo etc) so that's naturally what I'm the worst at.

Being a great striker, or grappler, doesn't take you that far unless you can make sure the fight takes place where you want.

Aoki's grappling would be the worst option for me because I need to get it to the ground to use it, while with Silva's striking I'm at least starting in my best area. It also shows with Aoki who loses to the best LW's because they beat him up standing and he can't take them down.

can i get bob sapp strength too ?

Rather have Pudzianowski's strength.

MARIUSZ_PUDZIANOWSKI_41578l.jpg

Chael Sonnen's sub defense
Jake Shield's striking
Kimbo's gas tank
Sean Sherk's reach
Bob Sapp's heart
Roy Nelson's physique
George Sotiropolus's pecs
Brock Lesnar's dance moves
Anthony Johnson's ability to make weight

As if Bob Sapp has better cardio (the fighter the original poster was alluding to)? :icon_lol:
I was referring to the point of getting that kind of strength, including both Sapp and Pudzianowski.

Well from a pure strategic pov with winning as the objective, I would have to say Gsp's takedown is the best.

Practically anybody has a puncher's chance against Anderson albeit a small chance. Especially since Anderson has a chin.

There's almost no risk to losing if you're able to secure the takedown. You just have such a huge advantage over the guy on the bottom. He can really only get submissions if you're attacking wildly and have no awareness. If you just maintain control, then you basically won the round. Guy on the bottom also can't do too much damage with strikes. He just can't generate enough power, but the guy on top can.

Chael's takedowns are just as good as GSP's (in a different way) and it did get the job done.... twice...

If I have to choose between the ability to roll around on the ground with men and the matrix...

I choose the matrix.

tumblr_lv1qnw6bIF1qlskhvo1_500.gif

Anderson Silva's striking.

But all three choices are worthy of choosing.

Anderson's striking. It just seems unreal. The guy looks like everything for him is moving in slow motion and he can just do what he wants.

You are lying to yourself if you say anything other than Anderson's striking

All three... who are you tell me I can only pick one? pfff

Since I don't have much wrestling experience, it would have to be GSP's wrestling as a whole. just taking someone down is useless if you have no idea what to do once there. Tough question to answer... Now that I think about it, Anderson seems to be doing quite well without the best wrestling, so I'll go with that.

Silva's trolling, GSP's accent, Aoki's pants.

For MMA, GSP's takedowns.
For life, Silva's striking.

Back