Silva beat up on LHWs - why do people not take this into consideration ?

Luke lost to the same TRT Vitor that Silva ko'd

Didn't Vitor start TRT right after the Silva fight? And also, TRT takes a little time to start showing changes to your physical ability, it isn't a magical potion or something.

People always bring up the fact that Griffin was a former champ at LHW, but they always neglect to mention that Griffin was an extremely easy style match-up for Anderson lol. Having a belt around his waist doesn't change that. Cause, y'know, clearly one of the best counterpunchers in MMA history is in for a stiff test against a soft-hitting dude who just comes forward alternating punches, throwing in the occasional rear leg low kick to the outside thigh, and hoping for the best. His other 2 wins at 205 are Irvin and Bonnar, who aren't the worst LHWs he could have fought, but they're hardly the best, either.

OT, I'd say Rockhold could easily beat LHWs like Shogun, Jimi Manuwa or Feijao. I could see him beating Bader with relative ease if he was able to stop (or otherwise counter, perhaps via guillotine) Bader's takedowns.

Steve, how does someone with the fighting skills you're mentioning choke out Shogun Hua and take the belt from Rampage Jackson in back-to-back fights? You are underplaying Forrest's gritty high-volume crushing-pace fighting style. Hell, even when he lost the belt he was doing very well until he got caught.

that fake humility is one of the things i dont like about anderson. Its really hilarious how some butthurt silva fans were angry at serra for celebrating in the 2nd fight,like you wouldnt have been caught up in that moment too? Also for a guy who spend alot of his career trying to humiliate his opponents,his fans dont like it whenever someone says anything about him.

Yeah, in fairness they toned down when they seen his leg like that. It's the same when Holloway beat Oliveira a while back when he injured himself and folk were outraged at Holloway for celebrating while he was hurt - it's a heat of the moment thing with the adrenaline rushing, I'd imagine.

The only time I can recall something as rubbing someone's face in it was when Aoki broke the other guys arm and gave him the finger while he was in agony.

Beating Griffin and Bonnar isnt impressive.

Weidman, Rockhold, Jacare, Romero, Lyoto and Vitor would smash those guys with ease.

Maybe I'll have to rewatch the Rampage/Forrest fight but I remember Rampage not being able to pull anything off like he just froze and didn't even know what a leg kick is. We now know how one dimensional Rampage is today but he was far more effective then.

28 days isn't enough time to prepare for a retired, slow, decision fighter like Bonnar? I'm not going to pretend that Bonnar was some world crusher just to pad Andy's record. It was a shit fight and Bonnar isn't even close to top 10. It was nice that Andy took the fight to keep the event on, but he took it because it was an easy fight for him.

His fights against Maia and Leities were some of the biggest displays of bullshit. If you guys want to forget about that shit then that's up to you.

Another thing, I challenge anyone to go back and show me where any one other than Forrest murdered Rampage with leg kicks. That one fight gave Rampage a bad name about leg kicks lol Jardine kind of attempted it, but other than that, it hasn't happened.

And I just don't get the hate for the Leites and Maia fights. Well, the Maia fight I can see, but the Leites fight really kind of seemed where Silva started doing more of his in cage clowning to me, taking it to that next level. He continued to do it in almost every fight since then, but nobody talks shit about it like the Leites fight for some reason. I mean they do, but not to the "biggest displays of bullshit" level as the Leites fight.

When did I say it wasn't enough to time to prepare? I'm just saying take it for what it was. Anderson didn't even have a fight scheduled but he stepped up at a higher weight class on short notice to save a card. Its not like he specifically picked out bonnar bc he wanted to fight him & then he trained for 3 months & they marketed it like any other ppv. It was short notice just to be a bro to the ufc & the Brazilian fans.
That's fine. Just don't talk about that fight like it was something spectacular and legendary. It was a cherry pick fight against a guy that shouldn't have been in there with Anderson, or anyone else from the top 10 of either division.

I'm cool with exhibition matches but the hype that followed that fight was ridiculous, unprofessional and dishonest.

He continued to do it in almost every fight since then, but nobody talks shit about it like the Leites fight for some reason. I mean they do, but not to the "biggest displays of bullshit" level as the Leites fight.
Those other fights involved fighting. The Leities fight was pretty much 25 minutes of goofing off and inactivity.

Dana talked about firing Anderson in the post fight conference. It was insane.

i allways thought that forrest was more sluggish than usual in that one, Xanax and concussions will do that for ya. Still...i dont take nothing away from the crazy shit anderson pulled in that fight.

The knockdown when Silva was going backwards and threw a jab seemed a bit iffy at the time, but just assumed he'd broken his jaw earlier in the fight to go down that easily. Yeah, Silva was about 50 steps ahead of Griffin in there.

That's fine. Just don't talk about that fight like it was something spectacular and legendary. It was a cherry pick fight against a guy that shouldn't have been in there with Anderson, or anyone else from the top 10 of either division.

I'm cool with exhibition matches but the hype that followed that fight was ridiculous, unprofessional and dishonest.

Those other fights involved fighting. The Leities fight was pretty much 25 minutes of goofing off and inactivity.

Let's put it like this...other than Conor, who else is doing that?

Lawler aint about to move up and fight Derek Brunson or Uriah Hall to save a card. Mighty Mouse aint fighting the Eddie Weinlands of the world just because, or Rockhold wouldn't fight Latifi because he can. They may have not been the best, but he never hesitated to do it.

Steve, how does someone with the fighting skills you're mentioning choke out Shogun Hua and take the belt from Rampage Jackson in back-to-back fights? You are underplaying Forrest's gritty high-volume crushing-pace fighting style. Hell, even when he lost the belt he was doing very well until he got caught.

He lost alot of momentum in losing the belt to rashad and i guess the hard time he had in preparing to fight anderson...but his style,when he was at his best,was a pretty good one. He didnt just give Rashad the title either.

That's fair, two bad fights. I suppose it could be perceived differently from person to person. I didn't think it was as serious then, and I still don't. I can get how people do though.

Another thing, I challenge anyone to go back and show me where any one other than Forrest murdered Rampage with leg kicks. That one fight gave Rampage a bad name about leg kicks lol Jardine kind of attempted it, but other than that, it hasn't happened.

And I just don't get the hate for the Leites and Maia fights. Well, the Maia fight I can see, but the Leites fight really kind of seemed where Silva started doing more of his in cage clowning to me, taking it to that next level. He continued to do it in almost every fight since then, but nobody talks shit about it like the Leites fight for some reason. I mean they do, but not to the "biggest displays of bullshit" level as the Leites fight.

Rampage was always susceptiple to leg kicks (arona tried to take advantage of it IIRC) but Forrest was the first it seemed who designed his entire gameplan around it. 'Page never checked them.

That's fair, two bad fights. I suppose it could be perceived differently from person to person. I didn't think it was as serious then, and I still don't. I can get how people do though.

My perspective was like Ok this guy has nothing for you,how about finishing him,or at least causing him some grievous bodily harm. I didnt know fighters got paid to avoid the fight completley if they didnt fight the way you wanted them to. If the guy flops on his back and refuses to stand up,i didnt know that makes you absolutley helpess to do damage to him.

Rampage was always susceptiple to leg kicks (arona tried to take advantage of it IIRC) but Forrest was the first it seemed who designed his entire gameplan around it. 'Page never checked them.

Eh, he landed 6 (Arona) according to fightmetric. I should probably reword it....not that people didn't try it, it just wasn't a successful tactic other than in that fight.

or against maia he could clearly close the distance on maia whenever he wanted. He could have landed a shot on him,but he decided NOT TO,and just to tag him with show off shots to make him overcommit himself...and here we are in round 5 and nothings happening.

Eh, he landed 6 (Arona) according to fightmetric. I should probably reword it....not that people didn't try it, it just wasn't a successful tactic other than in that fight.

well Arona kicked like a horse. You dont wanna take 6 of those.and then it went to the ground...Wanderlei i think had some success with it and clearly it was chuck lidells gameplan to do it but he couldnt implement it. I just mean it was always seen as a way to beat him,even if they couldnt do it. Forrest to his credit,was able to...probably in part because Rampage never thought Forrest had a chance.

My perspective was like Ok this guy has nothing for you,how about finishing him,or at least causing him some grievous bodily harm. I didnt know fighters got paid to avoid the fight completley if they didnt fight the way you wanted them to. If the guy flops on his back and refuses to stand up,i didnt know that makes you absolutley helpess to do damage to him.

That's why I say "I get it".

well Arona kicked like a horse. You dont wanna take 6 of those.and then it went to the ground...Wanderlei i think had some success with it and clearly it was chuck lidells gameplan to do it but he couldnt implement it. I just mean it was always seen as a way to beat him,even if they couldnt do it. Forrest to his credit,was able to...probably in part because Rampage never thought Forrest had a chance.

And Forrest had long enough legs to land them with a ton of power, and stay out of range of Rampage's fists.

That fight was HUGE going into. Lol, revisionist history. "This is just the big scrappy guy who's gonna get in Silvas face and finally bring the fight to him!!"

certainly no one going into that fight thought silva was cherry picking an opponent. No one.

No one talks about the fight like it was legendary but it was spectacular. That is undebatable. Anderson looked like a time bending wizard. I feel like your insulting my intelligence by saying that fight wasn't spectacular. It was, I saw it with my own eyes. It was spectacular as shit.

Back