Signs it might be time to retire from MMA

Yeah, for 14 000 to show, it may not be worth it.

What good will come of admitting this to everybody though? Nobody needs to know this except his doctor and his family

I assume the UFC get to know his medical records anyway (or at least the commission), so I don't think it will have an impact on his ability to get fights.

I tried to think of some answers before I entered the thread and this wasnt eeexactly what I was expecting lol

What good will come of admitting this to everybody though? Nobody needs to know this except his doctor and his family

Alot of fighters take pride in being professional, being able to cut the required weight, turn up in their best condition etc.

I think he was trying to explain why he couldn’t do that. Not sure it was the best move if he wants to keep fighting.

Alot of fighters take pride in being professional, being able to cut the required weight, turn up in their best condition etc.

I think he was trying to explain why he couldn’t do that. Not sure it was the best move if he wants to keep fighting.
This.

Ideally, yep, but even the low-to-mid tier pay is often too good given the lack of alternatives. I'm guessing the decision goes somewhere like "I'll get 100-200k if I fight a few more years and then I'll have savings for the transition period to the next stage".

Thats a hell of a rabbit hole to fall down. Probably even worse,had he fought.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't depressions a sign of CTE?

I mean it's possible for some to get depressed because of the way they've lost a fight too, but this sounds like it was a direct result of the damage he received in the mentioned fight...

If the latter is the case, he should probably stop fighting, no matter the mileage, because it seems like everyone takes damage different (as in some people get worse symptoms than others with the same amount of head trauma).

Back