Shows where you like NONE of the main characters

Hung
d1a52b84b762cd9fdb6f8bee13f31235.jpg

I think you’re really empathetic. You have to relate to a character in the story and put yourself in their shoes to be invested in the situation they’re in.

You narcissistic prick. Why does something you’re watching have to revolve around you?

Just kidding, we’re all narcissistic pricks. You ain’t special.

MV5BNGEyOGJiNWEtMTgwMi00ODU4LTlkMjItZWI4NjFmMzgxZGY2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjcyNjcyMzQ@._V1_.jpg

I ranted about this last year, but it's pretty incredible when you manage to make the only likeable character in your entire show a literal Nazi.

Only watched one episode but I thought that was pretty much the concept of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia .

That is why Always Sunny.... is so good they are all pieces of shit, and we laugh at their misfortune. The only reason they are even friends with each other, is because no one else likes them. This is most obvious between Denis and Dee or Dennis and Mac, who constantly screw each other over. The only organic relationship there is Frank and Charlie, but it has a funny underton due to ....

....neither realising they are related.

Last edited:
That is why Always Sunny.... is so good they are all pieces of shit, and we laugh at their misfortune. The only reason they are even friends with each other, is because no one else likes them. This is most obvious between Denis and Dee or Dennis and Mac, who constantly screw each other over. The only organic relationship their is Frank and Charlie, but it has a funny underton due to ....

....neither realising they are related.
Well, Dennis and Dee and siblings so that’s why Dee is around. But yeah, pretty much they are a bunch of sociopaths who feed off each other and get themselves into ridiculous situations.

MV5BNGEyOGJiNWEtMTgwMi00ODU4LTlkMjItZWI4NjFmMzgxZGY2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjcyNjcyMzQ@._V1_.jpg

I ranted about this last year, but it's pretty incredible when you manage to make the only likeable character in your entire show a literal Nazi.

This probably says more about me, but I actually like Homelander.
I hated the whiny little A-Train.

To me it's one of the shows where you love the villain. I love Homelander!

Hmqc.gif

Watched a few episodes with a gal I was seeing late last year.

Could feel my testosterone bottom out after each viewing. All had punchable faces & personas.
Except the Zoe chic, she was beyond punchable.
Straight up Armbarrable expressions and persona.... Paul Harris style.

I mean I love The New Girl gif, but what are you talking about?
The Boys was an amazing show.
I haven’t watched season 2 yet.

Well John Smith was the best character in the show by a good distance. He was pretty brutal at times, but he did what he had to do and you could see his point of view. Can't say I would have done a whole lot different than him throughout the show from what I saw. (I didn't watch season 4 though)
Same here. By the end of season 3 it just got too weird for me. The premise was so good but I felt like they blew the opportunity.

This probably says more about me, but I actually like Homelander.
I hated the whiny little A-Train.
He's the third most likeable because he's not a whining, sulking, self-pitying brat. He's self-absorbed, narcissistic, egoistical, manipulative, dishonest, and infantilized...but so is every protagonist with the lone exception being Butcher only on that final trait, and the one protagonist who slipped my mind...

Mother's Milk. He's the lone good guy that is sympathetic. He's the most likeable. Stormfront, the "literal Nazi", is the second most likeable. Then Homelander.

Like the TS, I long for every other character in that show to die.

I checked out Orange Is The New Black a few years ago when it first came out. I didn't see many episodes of it and abandoned it early, but I don't recall really liking any of the characters from the very little of the show I watched. The protagonist seemed unlikeable to me especially.

Dark.

I stuck with that show for a while because it came so highly recommended, and its an interesting concept. But the characters and their interactions were just so dull and devoid of life. I just could not go on with this show.

29c06af3a342faa87f1dc255d335295c.png

This!

I started watching watching Dark after you guys here recommended it.

They somehow succeeded in making ever character extremely unlikable.

Every character is an absolute cunt! The only character who is semi-redeemable is the cop Egon, and even he becomes a bit of a prick when he gets older and starts bullying Ulrich.

Jonas is okay... (so far, I'm on season 2) but his character is about as interesting as the lasagna stain on my old t-shirt... actually, the lasagna stain is miles more interesting than him.

Holy crap.

Back