Opinion Shouldn't the education system produce young adults that are ideal for society?

squeezewax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Over the last few years i've read many articles about how 'we' are paying people to teach our kids to hate our society, history, capitalism, democracy, and possibly even themselves. Also to encourage our young people not to be too patriotic as well.
We've possibly all heard about whats happening in our universities, making sure so many females on campus believe they are victims of the male patriarchy, that there is a rape culture on campus.[which has been proven not to actually exist.] Apparently the majority of lecturers are to the Left politically.

More and more people are saying that 'we' are producing young adults who aren't prepared properly for living successfully in our society.
It is counter-productive for our education system to produce and turn out people like this.

So when did it all start, has this been happening for many years?
I don't only mean when it comes to education either. We, and our kids, are possibly the most fortunate people to of ever lived yet all i hear from people, especially younger ones, is complaining about society.

Shouldn't we be making sure that each new generation is as close to ideal as possible when it comes to people believing in our society and fitting in? But then who decides the 'ideal?'
Sometimes it seems that we ignore common sense and we end up doing the wrong thing instead.

It should, but there is actually quite a lot of wisdom in the saying "hard time create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, weak men create hard times".

If I could change something, it would be that a finance or economics course should be added to the HS curriculum. Almost nobody in this country has it worse than their grandparents, yet somehow they all seem to think they do.

What a bunch of horseshit

Yes it should, unfortunatly many teachers are disgusting liberals.

It should, but there is actually quite a lot of wisdom in the saying "hard time create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, weak men create hard times".

If I could change something, it would be that a finance or economics course should be added to the HS curriculum. Almost nobody in this country has it worse than their grandparents, yet somehow they all seem to think they do.

Your last sentence seems to (rightly) suggest continual improvement rather than a cycle of improvement and decline, which your first sentence suggests.

Anyway, yeah, a finance or economics course added to the curriculum would be good, as long as it didn't get politicized. But it would be like geology, biology, and other sciences, where just telling the truth would put you against right-wing orthodoxy and thus get called "bias," which would lead to efforts to insert bullshit (the way creationists have fucked with biology education).

Besides the fact that we were founded on Enlightenment liberalism: intellectual freedom, critical thinking, and individual rights...

God fucking forbid we end up with a few people left who feel a fleeting twang of what used to be called “conscience” when they hear (if they hear) about our machines of loving grace “accidentally” blowing up a school or hospital in some brown country.

I mean, of what use would these people be to society?

Shouldn't we be making sure that each new generation is as close to ideal as possible when it comes to people believing in our society and fitting in?

Last edited:

Hard times don't create "strong men", they create strongmen- dictators rise to fill a vacuum to control compliant sheep who want to place trust in a leader to guide them out of misery. Hitler, Stalin and Mao were all forged in the Great Depression to lead the gullible masses who swallowed all their promises.

The US is currently in a period of unprecedented technological innovation and utter dominance in military might. This was created by the millennials and soyboys from "good times" your memes deride.

Aside from the "point of privilege safe space crowd / and a significant portion of the humanities and arts crowd" -- Universities are pumping out the next gen of top 20% who love themselves some capitalism

Your last sentence seems to (rightly) suggest continual improvement rather than a cycle of improvement and decline, which your first sentence suggests.

Anyway, yeah, a finance or economics course added to the curriculum would be good, as long as it didn't get politicized. But it would be like geology, biology, and other sciences, where just telling the truth would put you against right-wing orthodoxy and thus get called "bias," which would lead to efforts to insert bullshit (the way creationists have fucked with biology education).
And there you go again. This thread was pretty apolitical, as was my response,but you decided to insert that "right wing orthodoxy" has fucked with biology education, and not the flat out denial of biology and claims that women can have dicks.

Hard times don't create "strong men", they create strongmen- dictators rise to fill a vacuum to control compliant sheep who want to place trust in a leader to guide them out of misery. Hitler, Stalin and Mao were all forged in the Great Depression to lead the gullible masses who swallowed all their promises.

The US is currently in a period of unprecedented technological innovation and utter dominance in military might. This was created by the millennials and soyboys from "good times" your memes deride.
That's actually not untrue, but it hasn't been the case in the US thus far.

We probably do have the strongest military, but not so strong that we wouldn't take some serious damage if we ever went to war with China. I wouldn't say I'm obsessed, but I've definitely done my homework on the rise of dictators.

And there you go again. This thread was pretty apolitical, as was my response,but you decided to insert that "right wing orthodoxy" has fucked with biology education, and not the flat out denial of biology and claims that women can have dicks.

You read the first post as apolitical? Wow.

We should be teaching them to think for themselves. That contradicts necessary compliance or recalcitrance, and a good way to do that is to get them to be critical of everything so they can actually figure out what they agree with.

Last edited:
Besides the fact that our country was founded on the liberal Enlightenment ideals of intellectual freedom, critical thinking, and individual rights....

Your country was founded by slave owners.

Much enlightenment. Much individual rights. Much Liberal.

You read the first post as apolitical? Wow.
Which side did you read it as? I've taken a gander at @squeezewax 's vagina avatars but haven't paid much attention to which political side he's on. Seems like a pretty open question without inserting much of his opinion in any direction.

the education system is doing exactly what is intended. creating a generation of apathetic out of shape loners who consume all their social interactions through easily monitorable electronic devices that also double as advertising and propaganda space.
They need you just smart enough to do your job but not smart enough to question why you have to do it.

Which side did you read it as? I've taken a gander at @squeezewax 's vagina avatars but haven't paid much attention to which political side he's on. Seems like a pretty open question without inserting much of his opinion in any direction.

It follows the same line of criticsm the right always makes about our education system complete with ridiculously exaggerated claims like:

"'we are paying people to teach our kids to hate our society, history, capitalism, democracy, and possibly even themselves. Also to encourage our young people not to be too patriotic as well."

That's absolute horseshit and to take that as a fact and use that as the premise to base the rest of your post on is obviously political.

Our current milltary might is derived from our millennials?

I think anyone who is honest can see the problem with the right's anti-science crusade and how it messes with education. Also you have humorously misunderstood the discussion about rights for the transgendered.

It isn't liberals who are influencing young minds, it's the extremists on the left that are corrupting them. The education sector is mainly occupied with left leaning people, part of a trait, nothing abnormal. Problem is it's been infiltrated and it's difficult to out these people and mind sets, without being labelled and becoming an outcast to society. It's virtually committing social suicide and good luck finding a profession after that.

Extremes on the right in education are much easily identified and removed, as they should. This isn't the case for the other.

There was a website awhile which i can't find which cataloged university teachers views. Some were unreal, yet they were still allowed to teach.

Back