1. Walt Harris' daughter is missing around Auburn, Alabama. Please read this thread for more information.

Opinion Shouldn't the education system produce young adults that are ideal for society?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by squeezewax, Oct 8, 2019.

1. dissectingaorticaneurysm

dissectingaorticaneurysm Black Belt

Boomers, Gen X, Millennials- they all thrived under an unprecedented period of peace, aka "soft men from good times".

2. luckyshot

luckyshot The ONLY iPotWR Platinum Member

The USA was founded on enlightenment liberalism and individual rights....

.... and hypocrisy.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    HeffDoesWant likes this.
  3. nostradumbass

nostradumbass Gold Belt

Wow, I didn't even know that was up for debate. It's not that hard to look up the number of self-proclaimed marxist humanities professors vs republican professors.

My mom was a teacher, my sister is a teacher, my best friend in town and his wife are both teachers, my gf is a science professor and both her parents and her sister are all doctors, so I'm just wondering on a scale of 1-10, how "anti-science" am I?

4. Sketch

Sketch ?.?.?.?.?.?

And yet they still claim to be better than Canada and parts of Europe etc LOL, while having a lower quality of life, poorer education etc.

5. franklinstower

franklinstower Red Belt

This is exactly what china does. OP keywords-- "believing in our society and fitting in"........ not exactly a recipe for innovation or improvement or creativity is it?

6. franklinstower

franklinstower Red Belt

How could anyone tell?-- you just listed everyones qualifications but your own here.

Higus, panamaican and 22k like this.
  7. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre Titanium Belt

"Society's a bunch of assholes." -Charles Manson

8. lilelvis

lilelvis Black Belt Platinum Member

9. nostradumbass

nostradumbass Gold Belt

How could anyone tell what? I literally said nothing about anyone telling anything. If you're really curious, I got a BA and went to a year of law school and dropped out to start a business, had short stint in HI a few years ago working for someone else and then went back to my own business

Do you really think I'm just some bum who is randomly surrounded by a bunch of doctors and people with masters degrees? Please say yes.

10. Jack V Savage

Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

The fact that you think "should trans people be treated with respect" is a biology question, the way you react to finding out that you are wrong about factual matters, your poor math skills (illustrated in some immigration discussions), your inability to understand basic logic, and more suggest to me that 1 is appropriate. But congratulations on knowing people who might be better than you.

Higus and AndroidRage like this.
  11. nostradumbass

nostradumbass Gold Belt

I appreciate you making up quotes to make a straw man, so I guess I'll fix what you misrepresented and then leave you to it. I made the point that in the field of biology, there isn't a close comparison between the science that has been obstructed from the left or right. It is 100% in one direction. Sleep tight, Jack.

Whippy McGee likes this.
  12. franklinstower

franklinstower Red Belt

I have no desire to disparage what you have or have not done for a living man. I was just messing around.

13. PrinceOfPain

PrinceOfPain Silver Belt

This was created by WW2. AKA, hard times.

14. Jack V Savage

Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

You also don't seem to understand what a strawman is. And, yes, only right-wingers have interfered with science education, pushing nonsense like intelligent design.

Higus, Sohei, Trotsky and 1 other person like this.
  15. NoDak

NoDak #StraightFax

In the 18th century, founding a country on a constitutional government with a separation of powers, separation of church and state; freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of assembly, freedom of press and freedom of religion with a right to life, right to defend oneself, right to own property and right to equal treatment under the law was pretty damn enlightened -- not to mention radical and virtually unheard of. It wasn't all gravy for everyone of course, and over time it would extend the same freedoms and rights across the spectrum to all sub-demos.

22k and bufetadanacara like this.
  16. KONG-D'SNT-TAP

KONG-D'SNT-TAP Titanium Belt

Mmhmmmm I wonder if there is a group of people in America who hate education and try to defund it any chance they get.

I wonder who that group is.

17. KONG-D'SNT-TAP

KONG-D'SNT-TAP Titanium Belt

I’m telling you these Fn people live in their own separate reality removed from the rest of the world.

18. nostradumbass

nostradumbass Gold Belt

I don't really care if you do, and really don't mind you as a poster, but surely you have to notice that the go-to move is to watch a video about coal miners and think everyone who voted for Trump is a coal miner. I didn't even vote for the guy, I'm not from the midwest or the rustbelt and both my sisters voted for Ed McMullan, but I'm also not going for these flimsy attacks. I lived in the furthest left wing state in America during the last election, but for christ's sake let's keep it on this side of reality.

19. nostradumbass

nostradumbass Gold Belt

No interference from those who deny that sex or gender even exist, all from those damn right wingers. Sleep well, Jack.

20. jk7707

jk7707 Red Belt

So you believe that the assertion that "we are paying people to teach our kids to hate our society, history, capitalism, democracy, and possibly even themselves. Also to encourage our young people not to be too patriotic as well" isn't up for debate? Ridiculous. Just because YOU agree with a post doesn't make it apolitical.

And what do your family members educations and professions have to do with this?