Opinion Shouldn't the education system produce young adults that are ideal for society?

<Huh2>

Her grandfather was a farmer and got his farm stolen and was sent to a gulag in siberia when Joseph Stalin tried to starve the entire country of Ukraine to death.

I am not talking up communism, just correcting your clearly illogical understanding of it.

How could anyone tell?-- you just listed everyones qualifications but your own here.
source.gif

And there you go again. This thread was pretty apolitical, as was my response,but you decided to insert that "right wing orthodoxy" has fucked with biology education, and not the flat out denial of biology and claims that women can have dicks.
You homophone!!

This thread brought the lulz.

Premise 1: There is a correlation between education and liberalism
P2: The people qualified to be educators are more likely to be liberals
C: There is a massive conspiracy to brainwash younger generations into becoming liberals because they hate America and want to destroy it.

On the bright side, maybe this is an opportunity for some people to find self awareness.

The evangelical support for Trump absolutely mystifies me, particularly. What I find humorous is how some on the extreme fringes of the religious right liked to draw parallels between Obama and the antichrist, where Trump much more closely resembles the biblical description.
Evangelicals readily admit that Trump is immoral, and the smarter ones even doubt whether he is a Christian at all. But that doesn't deter them because they believe he is an "agent of the Lord":

To many within and beyond the faith community, these preachers’ claims raise eyebrows. How do Christian ministers reconcile the Jesus who said “Love your enemy” with a President whose policy is to strike back at all critics? Why would people who claim to stand for family values so uncritically support a thrice-married man who according to Ronan Farrow’s reporting for the New Yorker set up complex legal arrangements to cover up multiple affairs throughout his current marriage?

Eighty percent of white evangelicals voted for and, by and large, continue to support President Trump. To almost everyone else in America, this seems like a fundamental contradiction. But to Trump’s faithful, it is Providence at work in human history. They believe God is making America great again through an imperfect human agent. And like any true believers, they will not be moved.​

If you need to be taught how to use TurboTax or how to pick up the phone, call your doctor's office, and make an appointment, you're probably not bright enough to understand cellular biology or the Pythagorean theorem to begin with.

Greatest sitcom ever...

Evangelicals readily admit that Trump is immoral, and the smarter ones even doubt whether he is a Christian at all. But that doesn't deter them because they believe he is an "agent of the Lord":

To many within and beyond the faith community, these preachers’ claims raise eyebrows. How do Christian ministers reconcile the Jesus who said “Love your enemy” with a President whose policy is to strike back at all critics? Why would people who claim to stand for family values so uncritically support a thrice-married man who according to Ronan Farrow’s reporting for the New Yorker set up complex legal arrangements to cover up multiple affairs throughout his current marriage?

Eighty percent of white evangelicals voted for and, by and large, continue to support President Trump. To almost everyone else in America, this seems like a fundamental contradiction. But to Trump’s faithful, it is Providence at work in human history. They believe God is making America great again through an imperfect human agent. And like any true believers, they will not be moved.​
well i like Trump, and i'm not a believer.[in superbeings]

Evangelicals are just a bunch of hypocrites. They are fake Christians, always have been.

I don't only mean when it comes to education either. We, and our kids, are possibly the most fortunate people to of ever lived yet all i hear from people, especially younger ones, is complaining about society.
It's because a lot of people haven't left the US and experienced what it's like in other, less fortunate countries. Most people in this country are miserable for no good reason.

Last edited:
How come none of my friends who teach think "our schools are doing fine?"

I kind of think you're barking up the wrong tree. In my mothers time, religion was still ingrained in the educational system. Lots of people were upset when religion started being purged from the schools and honestly, I haven't seen an improvement in the following generations. I think parents expect the opposite from their kids schools. I think they do expect a certain level of propriety and morality to be instilled in schools but isn't it natural that you'd want it to coincide with what you believe as well? Who gets to make the call? Thats the problem.

This feels like a chicken or egg argument. Is our society a reflection of our educational system or vice versa. I think the latter.
But these parents who want Religion in school, want the Christian religion in school. They wouldn't care about teaching Native American religions.

And religion is not needed for instilling morality, infact quite often Religion (depends on the Religion and which aspects are emphasized) pushes immoral beliefs.

You shouldn't go to college to learn about things like history, the mind or the world around you. You should be going to trade schools and getting jobs more easily performed by robots in the very near future.

Back