Opinion Shouldn't the education system produce young adults that are ideal for society?

I don't really care if you do, and really don't mind you as a poster, but surely you have to notice that the go-to move is to watch a video about coal miners and think everyone who voted for Trump is a coal miner. I didn't even vote for the guy, I'm not from the midwest or the rustbelt and both my sisters voted for Ed McMullan, but I'm also not going for these flimsy attacks. I lived in the furthest left wing state in America during the last election, but for christ's sake let's keep it on this side of reality.

I just don't see how you guys cant see what a terrible degenerate Trump is. Honestly man I think there has to be something wrong with all you guys. I don't mean that as a sideways insult even though I realize it is insulting, but Trump is a despicable human being and not being able to see it is a blind spot that has to have a reason inside of a person -- and that reason cannot be good.

No interference from those who deny that sex or gender even exist, all from those damn right wingers. Sleep well, Jack.

LOL! Like I said, you're confusing people who think that transgendered people should be treated respectfully with people who think that sex doesn't exist, further demonstrating far below average thinking skills.

Over the last few years i've read many articles about how 'we' are paying people to teach our kids to hate our society, history, capitalism, democracy, and possibly even themselves.

A lot of that is just people not being brainwashed. How can you expect a proud Native American to be proud of genocide of his people? How can you expect a proud African American to be proud of slavery and Jim Crow of his people? And since those are American history, how can you expect them to be proud of American history? How can you even expect a white American to be proud of their history?

We shouldn't be proud of our history. Not even our recent history. It's disgusting. We should be proud of what we're capable of becoming.

So you believe that the assertion that "we are paying people to teach our kids to hate our society, history, capitalism, democracy, and possibly even themselves. Also to encourage our young people not to be too patriotic as well" isn't up for debate? Ridiculous. Just because YOU agree with a post doesn't make it apolitical.

And what do your family members educations and professions have to do with this?
Uh, they work in that field so they probably know more about it than you who works at starbucks. Was that not obvious? The rest of it is demonstrable. YOU are making it adversarial, I just noted the numbers of self-proclaimed marxists vs the number of republicans and you got really defensive.

Besides the fact that we were founded on Enlightenment liberalism: intellectual freedom, critical thinking, and individual rights...

God fucking forbid we end up with a few people left who feel a fleeting twang of what used to be called “conscience” when they hear (if they hear) about our machines of loving grace “accidentally” blowing up a school or hospital in some brown country.

I mean, of what use would these people be to society?

You think there is intellectual freedom on today’s left? How?

Today’s left is about “group rights” , not individual rights. Individual rights is a right wing talking point.

It should, but there is actually quite a lot of wisdom in the saying "hard time create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, weak men create hard times".

If I could change something, it would be that a finance or economics course should be added to the HS curriculum. Almost nobody in this country has it worse than their grandparents, yet somehow they all seem to think they do.
When I graduated, I didn't even know what an interest rate was. What the fuck??

Last edited:
LOL! Like I said, you're confusing people who think that transgendered people should be treated respectfully with people who think that sex doesn't exist, further demonstrating far below average thinking skills.
Have a good night, Jack.

Uh, they work in that field so they probably know more about it than you who works at starbucks. Was that not obvious? The rest of it is demonstrable. YOU are making it adversarial, I just noted the numbers of self-proclaimed marxists vs the number of republicans and you got really defensive.

So what? Half of my family are teachers as well and haven't heard anything of the sort. Demonstrable? Please tell me how you plan to demonstrate that we're teaching our kids to hate all of these topics. I guarantee all you've got are anecdotes that don't demonstrate anything more than mine would.

I just don't see how you guys cant see what a terrible degenerate Trump is. Honestly man I think there has to be something wrong with all you guys. I don't mean that as a sideways insult even though I realize it is insulting, but Trump is a despicable human being and not being able to see it is a blind spot that has to have a reason inside of a person -- and that reason cannot be good.
You don't have to because I've never said Donald Trump is a great guy. I've never said that once. All I've ever said is that I don't trust anyone who would ever think they should be president because anyone who even has that thought is a sociopath. I didn't vote for Trump but I might next election. That's it. I'm not in the "Trump cult", you guys are just picking at shit with no real reason other than politics. If anyone of these things had shaped up, has the "emoluments clause" made your life worse?

And yet they still claim to be better than Canada and parts of Europe etc LOL, while having a lower quality of life, poorer education etc.
You know it really depends. If you're not driven or have problems like drug addiction, mental illness, etc. then Canada and Europe offer you a way better quality of life. There's a higher floor in Europe in Canada and a lower floor in the USA. But if you're driven and don't have problems like that then the USA offers you a much higher ceiling.

For example, as a programmer with 2 years of experience, I would make ~$100K in the USA. I would make maybe $60K in Sweden. My tax rate would be about 2/3 - 1/2 of what it would be in Sweden and the cost of living would also be cut in half. $60K would also be nearing the top of my earning potential. In the USA, adding on more years of experience would keep taking me up to ~$200K. Higher wages, more opportunities, lower taxes, lower cost of living.

You don't have to because I've never said Donald Trump is a great guy. I've never said that once. All I've ever said is that I don't trust anyone who would ever think they should be president because anyone who even has that thought is a sociopath. I didn't vote for Trump but I might next election. That's it. I'm not in the "Trump cult", you guys are just picking at shit with no real reason other than politics. If anyone of these things had shaped up, has the "emoluments clause" made your life worse?

I don't want to attack you personally man.

Trump is a genuinely bad human being. If he was not rich, and lived in your neighborhood he would absolutely fuck your wife, lie to your face, defraud you, and burn you down socially behind your back. He is the worst kind of human being there is and its not even close.

Trump is the sickest person in the room anywhere he goes.

Lots of people notice Trump's faults but the left can't see their own faults. They think their shit doesn't stink. Like right now with the Ukraine/ Trump stuff. I could hop on board with being bothered about it.. IF the left would also admit that maybe Biden did something wrong too. But they aren't. I believe that the left is just as corrupt and self-serving as they claim Trump is but unlike Trump they have a fake ivory tower holier than thou pretense about it. It's stuff like that on top of the all the fake news, unprovable claims about like 40 years ago, it just all feels so dirty. So until they show can some integrity themselves, I'm just going to continue to not care about it.

It should, but there is actually quite a lot of wisdom in the saying "hard time create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, weak men create hard times".

If I could change something, it would be that a finance or economics course should be added to the HS curriculum. Almost nobody in this country has it worse than their grandparents, yet somehow they all seem to think they do.

I take huge issue with this comment. Each generation has more and more to be responsible for. With the advancement of technology necessary to achieve what your grandparents needed makes the world harder on each generation. Yes, there is ease of use and convenience in this as well. But it's not the same. I think my grandparents had it tough and I think the generation below me has it tough. Whether it's technology, political strife, etc.

Finance and econ were in my HS curriculum.

Trump is a genuinely bad human being. If he was not rich, and lived in your neighborhood he would absolutely fuck your wife, lie to your face, defraud you, and burn you down socially behind your back. He is the worst kind of human being there is and its not even close.

You realize there are people out there drugging children and beheading tourists and you seriously think Trump is that bad? gtfo man

That's probably true, but that's also true of every person who's ever run for president or even considered it.

I'm quite fine with my life, so I'm just rooting for whichever person is just going to get the eff away from me.

Weird, doesn't say anything about how "we' are paying people to teach our kids to hate our society, history, capitalism, democracy, and possibly even themselves. Also to encourage our young people not to be too patriotic as well."

Funny how this is enough proof for you to think that sentiment is so pervasive through our entire education system that it isn't up for debate. Give it up man. That's intellectual laziness at its most obvious.

Lots of people notice Trump's faults but the left can't see their own faults. They think their shit doesn't stink. Like right now with the Ukraine/ Trump stuff. I could hop on board with being bothered about it.. IF the left would also admit that maybe Biden did something wrong too. But they aren't. I believe that the left is just as corrupt and self-serving as they claim Trump is but unlike Trump they have a fake ivory tower holier than thou pretense about it. It's stuff like that on top of the all the fake news, unprovable claims about like 40 years ago, it just all feels so dirty. So until they show can some integrity themselves, I'm just going to continue to not care about it.

I totally see your point about the left not owning their own shit. I have been to war with people on the left the last few days about Biden. I am NOT saying Biden is as bad as Trump or that there is PROOF Biden is corrupt. However it looks corrupt and it looks it enough that I believe it.

What the left should do but wont is come out against corruption and propose legislation that would make the kind of thing the Biden's are involved in illegal-- illegal for all politicians. That way they could make a real moral stand against corruption and take a legitimate stand against Trump too.

If you are really on the side of doing what is right you should not be a Trump supporter though. He is worse than the Biden's by miles.

That's probably true, but that's also true of every person who's ever run for president or even considered it.

I'm quite fine with my life, so I'm just rooting for whichever person is just going to get the eff away from me.

I do not believe that is true of every president. Its not even close to true. Jimmy Carter would not do any of those things. FDR would not have done any of those things and honestly Obama would not have done any of those except lie to you-- he would lie to you.

I get you guys being disillusioned-- I don't get picking the worst of the worst to support though. Trump is a bridge WAY TOO FAR. He stands out among dirt bags, he is exceptional among narcissists and he lacks any of the refinement that might dull some of the edge.

I can genuinely say with full honesty that if Trump were a progressive I would not be supporting him just because he is on my team.

lol @ the TDS in this post. The worst kind of human??? There are murderers, serial rapists, isis members, pedophiles.....but yeah Trump is the worst lol.

Back