Should the U.S. Have a vote on brining in the metric system

no fat chicks

Worlds greatest poster
@Silver
Reaction score
I for one am tired of being tied to King Henry through the inch or whatever. Let's complete the revolution and ditch that antiquated system

I'd like that but the fact is your average redneck and inner city dummy will likely vote against it, because it means 'communism' to them or some BS.

We should totally get rid of the Imperial system though, slowly fade it out. I'd like if Hillary laid the ground work for that and integrating our education systems to be similar to that of the education in the EU and Canada. It would be easiest to do this by having the president push it and then getting Senate support and then buying/convincing Congressmen to vote in favor of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know how unimpressive 20.3cm sounds? Come on son.

And i'd imagine Trump would oppose this.....

After all he and many Americans seem to oppose education, and many (even some in the War Room) want less college grads and less educated people. There is an anti-intellectualism growing among-st some in the right-wing and it worries me deeply. Oh and before anyone mentions leftist radicals who oppose free speech I am aware of them.

I for one am tired of being tied to King Henry through the inch or whatever. Let's complete the revolution and ditch that antiquated system

I'm torn.

When I measure "myself" centimeters may sound more impressive than inches

On the other hand I would have to learn a bunch of new shit....

Metric system is cool except they conflate weight with mass which makes them kind of dumb.

No I like when fat people are called out for being 200 lbs.

Metric system is cool except they conflate weight with mass which makes them kind of dumb.
But better than the alternatives and the rest of the world uses it

Sorry but your grunt of an answer isn't going to suffice. Either come up with something better or keep quite and continue sitting in the corner eating paste

Don't you think there are more important issues we should concentrate on that what system of measurement we use?

Anyone Who wants to communicate with the global community through trade And Science

You realize American scientists already use the metric system, right? And if you want to "communicate" with "the global community through science" and you're not a scientist, well, you're probably the type that paid attention in science class, in which case you should already be very familiar with the metric system as that's what we're taught there.

As far as trade: America has the largest economy in the world and is a trade superpower. Pretty sure we're doing just fine with our kooky imperial system with regards to trade.

My answer is keep the imperial system. There's no need for metric, as the imperial one works just fine for daily life. As for science, as I said it's already used there, so that's not an issue.

You realize American scientists already use the metric system, right?

My answer is keep the imperial system. There's no need for metric, as the imperial one works just fine for daily life. As for science, as I said it's already used there, so that's not an issue.
Why are you insisting at putting American scientific students at a loss by having to learn a whole measurement system that isn't necessary

Why are you insisting at putting American scientific students at a loss by having to learn a whole measurement system that isn't necessary

They're not at a loss. Why do you have such little confidence in students that you think they can't learn two things instead of one?

Smart people will learn both; stupid people won't. But stupid people are stupid so they won't learn anything well to begin with. Because they're stupid.

You don't have to brine it. Cooks up fine as is

They're not at a loss. Why do you have such little confidence in students that you think they can't learn two things instead of one?

Smart people will learn both; stupid people won't. But stupid people are stupid so they won't learn anything well to begin with. Because they're stupid.
The same reason I don't advocate teaching Latin it's useless and a waste of limited time children have in school

Anyone Who wants to communicate with the global community through trade And Science
science is much more fun when you learn how to convert kilometers into miles. We use different currencies in trade, no need to make it more complicated.

My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it.

Back