Should the U.S. Have a vote on brining in the metric system

And i'd imagine Trump would oppose this.....

After all he and many Americans seem to oppose education, and many (even some in the War Room) want less college grads and less educated people. There is an anti-intellectualism growing among-st some in the right-wing and it worries me deeply. Oh and before anyone mentions leftist radicals who oppose free speech I am aware of them.
what about the leftist radicals that oppose constitutional rights like free speech!?!

In my field, we don't use that foot/inches/bullshit.

Everything is base 10... very easy and simple to use.

I don't think it would make a difference besides costing people/companies money.

Learning Latin isn't useless; it opens students to a world of literature that they can then read untranslated. Germans take Latin, and they're outperforming us, academically. If you want to emulate the Continent for something, let it be for their reticence to abandon Latin.
And learning the imperial system as opposed to just learning switching to metric benifits us how?

Metric system is cool except they conflate weight with mass which makes them kind of dumb.

It doesnt, weight is newtons and mass is kgs.

I'll deal. We take on metric and the rest of the world switch to English American as a primary language. Why have all this useless shit like Chinese and Dutch that people aren't going to learn?

We already use english as lingua franca, the french tried to push their language on everyone, but their spelling is just retarded.

Spanish has the best spelling imo words are written like they sound, but its a bit harder to use than english, english is the mac and cheese of languages.

We already use english as lingua franca, ...

See bro, it's shit like this that's got to go.

th

Why are you insisting at putting American scientific students at a loss by having to learn a whole measurement system that isn't necessary

Science students are smart, they will be fine. Learning metric isnt hard.

Hmmm... not sure if I'm more proud that we don't give a fuck what ya'll think or that I've no clue who that little blip on the map is. But I am ready to adopt them as a territory if they aren't already. Just be ready to speak American.

Hmmm... not sure if I'm more proud that we don't give a fuck what ya'll think or that I've no clue who that little blip on the map is. But I am ready to adopt them as a territory if they aren't already. Just be ready to speak American.

The 51st state.

Back