Should the U.S. Have a vote on brining in the metric system

Nothing you say will make me believe that it is easier to list everyday items.
And yet somehow people across the world do fine every day.
Here's the thing: I agree, I too find the imperial system easier to understand. However, that's because it is the system we grew up in. That's it, that's all. People who grew up metric find it easier to think in metric (and have a much easier time with conversions).

Your entire argument is based on your own personal familiarity and you seem steadfast in refusing to recognize that your growing up with a system doesn't mean there are any real structural benefits.

Like I said, you also probably find it much easier to converse in English than in some other language. That doesn't make English better.

Don't care what temp water freezes or boils. What matters is, the weather is cold at 20F and hot at 80F.

do you even know what 0° F is based on?

I had to google it. the guy made a slurry of ice, water and chemicals and the temperature of that became his 0°

that's right, your system is based on a random slurry

Who cares. In America, F is more easier for everyday use.

And yet somehow people across the world do fine every day.
Here's the thing: I agree, I too find the imperial system easier to understand. However, that's because it is the system we grew up in. That's it, that's all. People who grew up metric find it easier to think in metric (and have a much easier time with conversions).

Your entire argument is based on your own personal familiarity and you seem steadfast in refusing to recognize that your growing up with a system doesn't mean there are any real structural benefits.

Like I said, you also probably find it much easier to converse in English than in some other language. That doesn't make English better.

I guess, my Canadian friends also think that imperial is great for regular shit and usually use it back in bc for quite a few of the examples I've given. That also why Canadians also use imperial when describing height on everything but Government documents.

Im not saying it's easier to understand or learn. More convenient to say if you know both. It's not like it's really difficult to say 140cm or 1400mm but say 55" tv is more convenient.

I guess, my Canadian friends also think that imperial is great for regular shit
Well, to be honest, I'm not at all surprised that your friends are of an intelligence similar to yours.

Well, to be honest, I'm not at all surprised that your friends are of an intelligence similar to yours.

You know what else I prefer using on my metric spec car?

20160809_121619_zpstigpehck.jpg

Over this

20160809_121646_zpsfbcphl7c.jpg

20160809_123040_zps5fzfar6q.jpg

19" > 48.26cm

Last edited:
Back