Should Max Holloway pull out of BMF fight and go for Topuria?

Why would you assume that would be an option for him?

He should have a "clash of heads" while sparring a few weeks out leading to a cut that forces him to pull out...

Negative my dude. Him vs Gaethje is absolute fire.

I don't see max having an answer to ilias game. Moreover, the ufc wants to avoid Max vs volk 4 at all costs.

If max beats gaethje. He stays at LW.
They will keep volk at fw and try to create a trilogy with him and ilia.

ad41fc57-9eb6-4b15-930a-41827e3e00c0_text.gif

It's really bad timing for Max to leave the division, the moment he books a fight outside FW, a new champ comes. If Gaethje brutalizes him, it's going to be hard to sell him as the next guy for titleshot at FW.

It's really bad timing for Max to leave the division, the moment he books a fight outside FW, a new champ comes. If Gaethje brutalizes him, it's going to be hard to sell him as the next guy for titleshot at FW.
If Justin break the brakes off him Max he still could go back to FW and fight a top 10 guy and get his TS.

Besides that it is probably Topuria vs Volk next.

If he can beat Gaethje he totally deserves a shot at Topuria, who is a smaller, lower-output Geathje basically

Would be hilarious if he won, face Volk again and won.

If Justin break the brakes off him Max he still could go back to FW and fight a top 10 guy and get his TS.

Besides that it is probably Topuria vs Volk next.
True about Topuria vs Volk rematch knowing the UFC and their rematches. Guess I was thinking if Max didn't have a fight and most people thought Volk didn't deserve one they'd book until Volk recovers.

Max vs Topuria is even bigger if he can beat Gatheje

I find this idea that Max is somehow Torpuria's kryptonite because of his chin and cardio to be very strange.

We've already see a guy with massive power throw him off of his game by hurting him early in the Poirier rematch, and Max has taken a ton of damage since then.

I don't like the Torpuria fight or the Gaethje fight for him.

Back