Should kids be sparring at this age?

From the kids face that looks more like a fight than sparring. Sparring should be light

View attachment 814711

Khabib wrestling with bears at the age of nine, kids brutally sparring at the age of 6-7. Where do we draw the line? I know it takes a special human being to become a UFC champion. Maybe the sooner you start sparring, the more chances you give yourself to become a UFC champion?

What do you think?

No bueno. I did full contact TKD starting at 14 and i remember being a beginner getting completely pulverized to the body and head by grown ass men. My instructor was a hardcore competitor and on the US Natl Team and trained in Korea and was brought up by a Korean master. It was brutal. I def suffered concussions and it prob affects me to this day along with the mma and kickboxing sparrng i did later on.

yeah but shadow sparing only.
And only a few kids can have the patience and self control to do that.

Thai have are biggest children abuser I mean children trainer and they are very carefull it's also because they fight very frequently but still.
Brain damage that early makes you go full barboza

Makes sense that a lot of muay thai fighters in thailand are over the hill by mid 20s

16+ I say only cus i did it and bever really suffered that bad from it but man it is sad to see that little ass kid with a bloody nose like that. I boxed since really young and they never allowed that kinda shit until I was about 13 yrs old but we still wore headgear n stuff. Blood still happened if ya caught the nose

In Holland we have a saying.

If those kids don't spar Dutch, they ain't gonna be much.

you didnt turn out ok. dont lie

7f423fe24cf9cccac6e44f92fbecf02bb46c4f53.gif

Not to the point that one of them is bleeding like that

That age is for fun and light stuff, learning technique. Hard sparring in spots is for grown, young people to get accustomed to getting hit and emulating competition environment. Then it's light sparring and technique again once learned and experienced. Like what Alves did and later Mitrione spoke about.

Brutal sparring session with bloody nose and hugging afterwards. Sportsmanship right there, those 6 year olds have character at a young age.

I have had heated arguments with posters in the standup forum. I think from a Western perspective, it is literally criminal to have a child do sparring with repeated strikes to the head.

You are essentially cognitively impairing your child just so he can become a pro fighter later? What happens when he realises that he does not want to be fighting for a living (like 99,99% of people) and instead decides that he wants to be a physicist? What do you tell your child, then? "Oh but but fighting is so cool"?
Heated discussions for this? It is absolutely criminal to let children spar with blows to the head. People who think otherwise should never ever have children.

Back