Should kids be sparring at this age?

Probably don't need to go that hard at that age. If they're going into mma, it'd be better to focus on the grappling early as the brain damage isn't as bad and it's the harder skill to develop anyways. Wrestling trained bears might be safer.

You not from the endz? i knew kids lifting weights, selling crack and getting blowjobs at 12 bud.. Let some of them in my house.
I been around the block bro. I was referring to you being “alright”. ‘‘Twas but a joke homie.

I been around the block bro. I was referring to you being “alright”. ‘‘Twas but a joke homie.
Maybe the pedigrees did more tu ma brainz than a fort.
tenor.gif

Its not smart but its also not that dangerous considering those kids aren't going to hit hard enough to dish our brain damage even to a fellow 4 year old.
a four year old's punch isn't ineffective against another four year old's head. that kid is bleeding. if he can make him bleed with a punch, he can deliver repeated jolts to his brain too.

Maybe the pedigrees did more tu ma brainz than a fort.
tenor.gif
Yeah I remember I did a Chris Benoit flying head butt to my cousin one time and he sat up right as I was coming in and boom right between his eyes lol. Gave us both concussions I’m sure.

Yeah I remember I did a Chris Benoit flying head butt to my cousin one time and he sat up right as I was coming in and boom right between his eyes lol. Gave us both concussions I’m sure.
LOL, yeah we'd get empty ones of these from the shop
VRIILZlNsN3uoy7HPzHhPoJcSMCig6sMH2vAZGAG8pAChBPaUBHtlCuDKsHLdS-m7D30VlMwQxHikmo_-ZVV-to3CutJAkGDAgUiMl3wY2781CMeZijeuA

and put peoples heads in them, and then Leg Drop said head.. A little considerate for brains at least.

A bit. Rids them of fear they could develop later on and they probably won’t get knocked out. That’s why boxers start at amateur level because they develop their technique without the fear of being KO’d. I remember a story about Floyd Mayweather where for like outings with their family at the park his father would bring boxing gloves and they would box each other there as a fun activity.
Sure that worked maybe for him, but what about 99.9% of all the others that don't make it as a pro. There's serious consequences for getting hit in the head over the years, especially when you're nowhere nearly developed. So when they don't make it as a pro, which only a few actually make it, now they have to deal CTE from the sports their parents put them in. All MMA and boxing is great for kids, bc it teaches them discipline and self worth a lot of times, shit i did it for many many years, but sparring is going too far. Thats some adult shit

Light sparring sure, but kids shouldn't be busting each other's fucking faces. Can't believe someone would just stand there and let that happen.

Sure that worked maybe for him, but what about 99.9% of all the others that don't make it as a pro. There's serious consequences for getting hit in the head over the years, especially when you're nowhere nearly developed. So when they don't make it as a pro, which only a few actually make it, now they have to deal CTE from the sports their parents put them in. All MMA and boxing is great for kids, bc it teaches them discipline and self worth a lot of times, shit i did it for many many years, but sparring is going too far. Thats some adult shit
Nature of striking sports, just like American football. People should know the risks.

I personally find it disturbing that some parents think it's fine that their kid gets punched in the face.
Unless it's very, very light or it's done with alot of protection.
Grappling sparring is IMO fine however. As long as they aren't going to hard while doing TDs and submissions.

Small children (2-9) should probably avoid any type of head contact. Older children-early teens (10-15) could do light to medium touch sparring with proper protection. 16 and up I think you’re probably ok to begin regular sparring, but should probably avoid getting into gym wars, which one generally should avoid anyways.

View attachment 814711

Khabib wrestling with bears at the age of nine, kids brutally sparring at the age of 6-7. Where do we draw the line? I know it takes a special human being to become a UFC champion. Maybe the sooner you start sparring, the more chances you give yourself to become a UFC champion?

What do you think?
Not nice to see, but on the other hand at this age they can go all out(especially with head gear)and risk little damage. Sparring at this age probably gives them a huge advantage over people who dont spar

Tough call. A lot of places use headgear with a facemask incorporated. It's safer, but these people almost never slip or avoid punches to the head because they don't connect to the face. Once they advance to regular headgear they have to unlearn some nasty habits and it isn't fun learning that lesson. Even worse if they get in to a fight outside the gym first.

a four year old's punch isn't ineffective against another four year old's head. that kid is bleeding. if he can make him bleed with a punch, he can deliver repeated jolts to his brain too.
He could be bleeding from biting his own tongue for all we know. If one 4 year old was rocking another I'm sure they would step in but I can't imagine some beefed up K1 Toddler. actually I can picture it and I sort of want to see it

My first boxing coach used to say "when you're old enough to fuck a girl, you're old enough to catch a beating". The funny thing was that I actually dated his daughter at the time, but that's another story. Full force sparring should begin no sooner than 15-16 years of age, IMO. Even with headgear and even considering they're little kids without serious power, headshots accumulate over time.

They can't really hurt each other that bad, can they?

Most of the big names in sports science seem to argue it will make bugger all difference by the time an athlete is an adult if they were doing the sport as a child.

The likes of Mike Stone, Michael Yessis argue it’s important for an athlete to get involved in youth sports, the type isn’t so important. Probably something like tennis or badminton would be as useful for the youth athlete as boxing.

That said from a brain health point of view, the fragility of the brain has been hugely over exaggerated by the media. The latest Care Consortium study showed that playing youth tackle football had no impact on IQ;

http://www.sportsconcussion.co.za/sportconcussion/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Caccesse-2019-002.pdf

There was a very sloppy study a while back which implied it had an effect. That’s for football though, I think boxing is a much higher level of damage and youth boxing could probably have an effect on IQ for an adult even though it’s not been studied.

Back