Should kids be sparring at this age?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Screenshot_20201116_160401.jpg

Khabib wrestling with bears at the age of nine, kids brutally sparring at the age of 6-7. Where do we draw the line? I know it takes a special human being to become a UFC champion. Maybe the sooner you start sparring, the more chances you give yourself to become a UFC champion?

What do you think?

Nobody should be hitting anybody in the head for any reason at any age or weight.
It's unhealthy and dangerous in every way.

This is not a sport for pussies, nor is it a sport for normal people.(I'm talking about competing, obviously)

Agreed. No sparring until at least age 25.
Your brain isn’t fully developed until around 25, it’s a bad idea imo.
Just like in dreamland of nowhere ever ...

A bit. Rids them of fear they could develop later on and they probably won’t get knocked out. That’s why boxers start at amateur level because they develop their technique without the fear of being KO’d. I remember a story about Floyd Mayweather where for like outings with their family at the park his father would bring boxing gloves and they would box each other there as a fun activity.

yeah but shadow sparing only.
And only a few kids can have the patience and self control to do that.

Thai have are biggest children abuser I mean children trainer and they are very carefull it's also because they fight very frequently but still.
Brain damage that early makes you go full barboza

Part of the question is, are these people smart and do they value their brains? Maybe they don’t and want to just bleed and not worry about it. Maybe they wouldn’t be rocket scientists anyway. But if they do value their brains, it’s prob a bad idea.

View attachment 814711

Khabib wrestling with bears at the age of nine, kids brutally sparring at the age of 6-7. Where do we draw the line? I know it takes a special human being to become a UFC champion. Maybe the sooner you start sparring, the more chances you give yourself to become a UFC champion?

What do you think?

I have had heated arguments with posters in the standup forum. I think from a Western perspective, it is literally criminal to have a child do sparring with repeated strikes to the head.

You are essentially cognitively impairing your child just so he can become a pro fighter later? What happens when he realises that he does not want to be fighting for a living (like 99,99% of people) and instead decides that he wants to be a physicist? What do you tell your child, then? "Oh but but fighting is so cool"?

No. I don't believe so personally.

I don't have the age that I think children SHOULD start but certainly not anything younger then teens.

Dunno cos that shits just gonna happen on the playground anyway.. I had my head slammed against the concrete between 6-12 a bunch of times, and I turned out okay.
<WhatIsThis>

Its not smart but its also not that dangerous considering those kids aren't going to hit hard enough to dish our brain damage even to a fellow 4 year old.

View attachment 814711

What do you think?
No!

Back