Should I start Westworld or Breaking Bad? - Update: Watched WW - Now What?

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I have not seen either one of these shows.

Possible wild card is The Wire but it's really between Breaking Bad and Westworld. Westworld genre seems a bit more up my alley. But I hear Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever made. Plus i can watch the entire series at my own pace.

I have seen
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Eastbound and Down :)

Update 1/18/17

I just finished up Westworld. I really really enjoyed it. Awesome series IMO. I've started Vikings for a few episodes b/c it's free on my Amazon Prime, but honestly I'm not overly impressed yet. I want to stick with it for now and see if it speeds up. Once I get my Netflix I'll hit BB.

I'm also thinking about The Man in the High Castle though I don't know the gist of it it has like 100k reviews on Amazon Prime.

Also Deadwood and Boardwalk empire entrigue me. As does Workaholics.

Last edited:
Breaking Bad starts out pretty slow. Might put some people off. I've never seen The Wire or Westworld, but I hear rave reviews about the latter.

That's all I have to say about that.

Best series to start is the great show called the Cosby show. It has an AMAZING ending. You'll never believe it. Best plot twist ever.

Start with Westworl. Its not better than BB but it's currently very popular and you can discuss it with friends that have also seen it recently. Only ten episodes, so it's a short committment, with new episodes coming in 2018.

BB is the GOAT series. 62 episodes of awesomeness. You can start it anytime and watch an episode here or there, enjoying it like an expensive fine wine, or you can marathon each season per day and it'll be a hellofa rollercoaster ride. Kick back and enjoy the series you're probably going to compare every great series to come after it to.

Westworld is only like 10 episodes so you should just go ahead and binge watch that. Then you have a solid year to wait for the second season and you can fill that with all the seasons of Breaking Bad, which is a perfect show.

Watch BB, then watch Westworld. You have a longgggggggggggg time until the second season of Westworld anyways, so no rush.

I would really struggle to say one is better than the other. Both absolutely amazing.

Breaking bad was great start to finish. I'd start with that.

I watched 5 episodes of westworld and nothing interesting happened. They should have just used the concept, cut out the fluff, and made it into a 2-hour action packed sentient robot catastrophe movie instead.

Breaking Bad starts out pretty slow. Might put some people off. I've never seen The Wire or Westworld, but I hear rave reviews about the latter.

That's all I have to say about that.

Breaking Bad is possibly the greatest show ever made

I'd say start with Breaking Bad. It's an awesome show and a great journey.

Westworld I'm going to have to start again at some point because my interest starting waning about halfway through.

I watched the entire series of the The Wire in 5 days. Best week of my life.

I have not seen either one of these shows.

Possible wild card is The Wire but it's really between Breaking Bad and Westworld. Westworld genre seems a bit more up my alley. But I hear Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever made. Plus i can watch the entire series at my own pace.

I have seen
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Eastbound and Down :)

The Wire is a wild card? What? A man has to have a code.

Seriously, though, Westworld and Breaking Bad have nothing in common. I'd say Breaking Bad was a lot more entertaining, and Westworld cornered the market on being pretentious, although it did have some sensational scenes by some phenomenal actors.

I'm still going to strongly recommend The Wire, though. Not as entertaining as Breaking Bad, but it's excellent television, and in my opinion tied for best ever with Band of Brothers.

I'd say start with Breaking Bad. It's an awesome show and a great journey.

Westworld I'm going to have to start again at some point because my interest starting waning about halfway through.

It got SUPER dull like 3 or 4 episodes in, but started making sense at about episode 7

The Wire is a wild card? What? A man has to have a code.

Seriously, though, Westworld and Breaking Bad have nothing in common. I'd say Breaking Bad was a lot more entertaining, and Westworld cornered the market on being pretentious, although it did have some sensational scenes by some phenomenal actors.

I'm still going to strongly recommend The Wire, though. Not as entertaining as Breaking Bad, but it's excellent television, and in my opinion tied for best ever with Band of Brothers.

Is breaking bad really that good? I got partway into the 1st season where they started melting the dudes in the tub and my roommates(they were bf and gf) kept watching it while I went to the gym. The Wire is the best TV of all time.

you can always watch Vikings.

Back