Should I start Westworld or Breaking Bad? - Update: Watched WW - Now What?

This is what I actually did. I just finished up Westworld. I really really enjoyed it. I've started Vikings for a few episodes b/c it's free on my Amazon Prime, but honestly I'm not overly impressed yet. I want to stick with it for now and see if it speeds up. Once I get my Netflix I'll hit BB.

I'm also thinking about The Man in the High Castle though I don't know the gist of it it has like 100k reviews on Amazon Prime.

Also Deadwood and Boardwalk empire entrigue me. As does Workaholics.

Vikings is a good show. It does have some slower episodes, but once you get into the second season things really speed up. Worth a watch.

Deadwood is a decent show, but I wouldn't prioritize it over anything else. Same with Boardwalk.

Vikings is a good show. It does have some slower episodes, but once you get into the second season things really speed up. Worth a watch.

Deadwood is a decent show, but I wouldn't prioritize it over anything else. Same with Boardwalk.

Cool. Thanks man. I know I want BB at some point but I've waited this long I might takcle Vikings first since it's kind of in the media and pop culture right now. I"ll skip the other 2 for now.

I have not seen either one of these shows.

Possible wild card is The Wire but it's really between Breaking Bad and Westworld. Westworld genre seems a bit more up my alley. But I hear Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever made. Plus i can watch the entire series at my own pace.

I have seen
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Eastbound and Down :)

Update 1/18/17

I just finished up Westworld. I really really enjoyed it. Awesome series IMO. I've started Vikings for a few episodes b/c it's free on my Amazon Prime, but honestly I'm not overly impressed yet. I want to stick with it for now and see if it speeds up. Once I get my Netflix I'll hit BB.

I'm also thinking about The Man in the High Castle though I don't know the gist of it it has like 100k reviews on Amazon Prime.

Also Deadwood and Boardwalk empire entrigue me. As does Workaholics.

Don't even bother with Boardwalk Empire. It's overrated.

I never read the full thread .. just your op.

I would start Breaking Bad. It is one of the best series you will watch. I haven't watch Vikings myself. I tried a couple times never getting past the first episode.

Westworld season 2 won't be out until 2018.

If you haven't already watch the first season of AMH ( American Horror Story ). It's a new story each season. The first season is by far the best with the later seasons being ok to pass time but not nearly as good as the first season.

watching breaking bad is like wading through molasses.

Cool. Thanks man. I know I want BB at some point but I've waited this long I might takcle Vikings first since it's kind of in the media and pop culture right now. I"ll skip the other 2 for now.

Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows. I would recommend watching that before anything else at this point. It's so good and you're lucky enough to be able to watch it all at once!

I've watched two episodes of Westworld and it's been a chore.

Spartacus ...all the seasons. New guy takes getting used to but the story and hot chicks are still top notch.

Westworld because there's only 1 season to to catch up on.

Edit: oops, you updated.

westworld. breaking bad is terrible and probably the most overrated show in the history of television

set up two tv's and watch simultaneously.

I've watched two episodes of Westworld and it's been a chore.

I would stick with it. I'm glad I got to watch it all at once though. Watching it and then waiting for a week for the next episode would have made the show's pace a bit slow. But definitely stick with it IMO.

Spartacus ...all the seasons. New guy takes getting used to but the story and hot chicks are still top notch.

I should have said in OP. I've watched all of Spartacus. I loved that show. It was a bit depressing at times but I liked it. Tons of T&A too. In fact halfway through the series I started getting really annoyed with the sex scenes b/c they cut into the action and the story. I was wishing they'd spend more time on story and characters and action instead of a 10 minute sex scene that had the same music every time...lol.

There were a TON of hot chicks though. And I agree. New Spartacus took a bit b/c original Spartacus did an awesome job. Gannicus was awesome even if he was a bit light in coin for a lot of the series.

definitely breaking bad. in my opinion westworld kind of sucked.
other good shows californication, homeland

I say watch Breaking Bad last. And the reason is your going to compare every other show you watch after to it. And it's going to be hard for any other show to top it or even equal it.

I would put both the wire and breaking bad in a different tier above westworld

breaking bad is a better story but the wire is a fantastic social commentary as well

Back