• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Devin Haney change his tone about O'malley?

Its the power and also divisions. Boxers at the weight class range Haney in isnt the same as HW boxing.

Talent in HW boxing is just as poor and shallow as HW MMA.

Lucas Browne was 6-2 in MMA and went and won WBA title in boxing beating Chagaev. Jans training partner Izu Ugonoh was a top boxing HW prospect ranked top 15 at his peak when he was 17-0. Now he is 1-2 in MMA.

Dillian Whyte and Jarrell Miller were noname kickboxers who turned to boxing and became top 10 ranked. Shit like all the above isnt happening in boxing LW division some of the deepest talent.

Haney is a great athlete and a really good boxer. He is a notoriously shitty finisher in boxing but hed knockout Sean badly.
Browne had the fake title. Never was the real champ.

The analogy would be if some lighter weight mma guy was a freak of nature powerful beast with durability to match... like Francis.

Someone who is humble enough to learn boxing properly from someone like Mike Tyson.

Conor was the opposite of all those characteristics.

Even then, with the higher skill level in lighter weights as opposed to hw, the Ngannou'esque mma guy loses.

The analogy would be if some lighter weight mma guy was a freak of nature powerful beast with durability to match... like Francis.

Someone who is humble enough to learn boxing properly from someone like Mike Tyson.

Conor was the opposite of all those characteristics.

Even then, with the higher skill level in lighter weights as opposed to hw, the Ngannou'esque mma guy loses.

God you’re such an idiot. Mike didn’t even train Francis. Cooper and Eric did

God you’re such an idiot. Mike didn’t even train Francis. Cooper and Eric did

You are taking away credit from Mike Tyson? It was a team effort as Mike said.

There's literally videos of exact moves and combinations he showed Francis that were used on fight night.

My point remains. Francis had legitimate coaching. Conor had yes men.
I guess you are the idiot for missing that.

You are taking away credit from Mike Tyson? It was a team effort as Mike said.

There's literally videos of exact moves and combinations he showed Francis that were used on fight night.

My point remains. Francis had legitimate coaching. Conor had yes men.
I guess you are the idiot for missing that.

No it’s been said multiple times that Mike Tyson was brought in for publicity.

Conor also fought the best of all time and went 10 rounds…. And was up on the score cards through round 5.

of course he should change his tune. it is in a prizefighter's best interest to actively market low risk/high reward fights to the public.

conversely, i never understand when fighters say things like "i'm high risk, low reward"--they are basically talking themselves out of negotiations

Conor also fought the best of all time and went 10 rounds…. And was up on the score cards through round 5.
He never fought the best of all time and you don't know shit about shit.

I think a lot of people would pay to see this fight, so why not? I don’t see a problem with these crossover matches as long as they aren’t holding up a division, and if fighters would get back to fighting 3-4 times a year instead of once, that wouldn’t be a problem

Conor fought the best boxer of the era when he was 40 years old and retired. He got carried and then walked down and beaten like he stole something. Floyd ruined Conor as a top fighter. He's never looked the same since.

No
HW boxing is trash, except Usyk
Haney is not the best LW boxer, maybe not even top 3, but he would beat O'Malley

Haney is definitely top of his division wtf are you talking about casual?

I'm a MMA fan (like Boxing as well), O Malley would get slaughtered by Haney in boxing.

Haney is definitely top of his division wtf are you talking about casual?

Loma, Gervonta, Stevenson (random list)
Some say even Frank Martin.
I admit I am a boxing casual.
Still, I am right here.

Christ …. The Shit that I’ve read this week is unique

He just beat Loma.

2dmk14.jpg

Stevenson
Linares
Crawford
Gervonta
Just a few of the fighters who thought it was a robbery
Haney's coach was kind of saying it was... come on, dude!

Also,

upload_2023-11-2_11-34-38.png

Last edited:
Back