Should Dean stop the fight when Bisping's mouthpiece fell out?

Bisping's fault for not defending himself but earned a fair, just victory nonetheless.

I don't think so. I'll need to look again though. The thing is, he didn't. Bisping should have kept fighting until it stopped. The knee was legal and Dean fucked up. Whatever the case, Silva didn't fight like a guy that wanted to win. He played stupid games that allowed Bisping to score points. He lost on points, so it's all on him.

How can there be no opportunity, when Bisping was able to put his arms down for a couple of seconds and point to the mouth piece?

Are you that delusional?

There was a CLEAR opportunity.

Bisping was dumb to not protect himself, Herb Dean was incompetent and Silva was unsportsmanlike. Those 3 things are all true.

it was literally one second, in which time anderson silva threw a near fight-ending knee

it was not possible to put bisping's gumshield in without interfering with clear action

I dont think they should break up action. But I do think they should stop it as soon as there is a break in action. So normally, I think Dean should have stopped the action right before the knee. That is clearly what Bisping was expecting or wanting. Bit in the defense of Dean, there was only about 5 seconds left in the round. Rather than stopping the action only for the bell to sound at the restart may have felt unnecessary. So just wait for the bell. I'm fine with that. Unfortunately, it caused confusion. I dont think anyone expected what happened next from the knee to the walk off premature celebration.

No there wasn't. The momentum was in andersons favor and bisping was trapped against the cage
It was close. Bisping actually had enough distance to roll out or even make an offensive move of his own. It was enough distance and hesitation that Dean could have stopped it. But as he was doing it, Silva may have been on his way back in.

The fight should have been stopped when Bisping lay there for a minute and a half after being dropped.
If you are going to lie and exaggerate, at least make it good. He was there for 18 minutes on the ground unconscious in a 6 inch pool of his own blood. Not only should he fight have been stopped, but he should have been declared legally dead.

I have watched this part so many times and there clearly was. I have to run in a bit but if I would have time I would make a gif, Maybe someone can help with this :)
You have the luxury of replaying the scene. Herb has to react in the moment. Bisping is a vet, he should know better. Defend yourself at all times. He tried similar shit with Luke Rockhold. Don't drop your hands and just expect the ref to stop the fight. It's not fair to take the advantage away from Silva.

No its a fight you risk that when you step in there not until the ref stands them up or end of the round but other than that get on with it

Back