Should Dean stop the fight when Bisping's mouthpiece fell out?

I agree with you, nothing wrong with what Anderson did, but Dean on the other hand should have stopped it in my opinion.
The round had only a few seconds left, why stop it to put in the mouth guard? He would put it in and the round would be over and he would take it out again.
Very good decision of Herb Dean, thats why he is the ref and not you or me :)

Its all about sportsmanship, Anderson knew what was happening and for the sake of fighter safety he should have complied, cant blame the ref because Anderson knowingly didn't give the ref a chance to act . He cant be GOAT because he lacks sportsmanship, dirty fighter!!

I was sure Herb said something like wait or stop and raised his hand, but he was too far away to get in between, and Silva was already gonna do his thing. Bisping was wrong for turning away and basically pleading, Herb was probably out of position and normally would've jumped in right then, as he had the mouthpiece in his hand. And really it's not Herb's fault for everything that lead up to the knee, the biggest reason he was out of position was because he retrieved the mouthpiece and they were on the other side of the cage already.

Herb should have stopped the fight. Anderson should have been more sporting and allowed Bisping to recover the mouthguard, it came across as a cheapshot. And Bisping should have kept defending himself.

It was a weird moment for sure but theres no one place you can put the blame.

No there wasn't. The momentum was in andersons favor and bisping was trapped against the cage
Exactly this. Bisping was looking for a way out. ( i believe). I've seen guys in bjj tourneys "wait i need to fix my gi" stall to rest, or even try to reset in a slightly different more beneficial position.

Also what is the priority: protecting your chin immediately or putting a mouthguard back in?

Its kind of like getting into a car accident while fumbling and putting your seatbelt on IMO (not sure if that made sense sorry)

The mouthpiece is safety equipment, so yes, I think the ref should halt the fight and give the fighter an opportunity to put the mouthpiece back in.

I do see the problem with fighters "accidentally" losing their mouthpiece tho.

No, Anderson was clearly pressuring him and there was about 3 seconds left da Herb tried to interfene. It was many things that lead to Anderson celebrating pre-maturely, and certainly not Herb's fault alone. The confusion could have been saved if Bisping would not have worried about the legos, because it caused him to almost lose them.

He needs to find a break in the action ASAP, but if Anderson is pressuring him that hard, it's unfair to essentially save Bisping just because his mouthpiece fell out. If that was the case, then a fighter can just spit out his mouthpiece any time he's in trouble.

In a sense you'd think if a fighter drops his mouthpiece and signals the ref, the fight should be broke up.
But it's exploitable, 'cause a fighter could spit out the mouthpiece when in trouble and let on it was by accident.

In fairness, there was a break in the action before the flying knee so it's on Herb there. THough Michael shouldnt have looked for him and got his nose cracked for doing so.

The fight should have been stopped when Bisping lay there for a minute and a half after being dropped.

I see many people crying about the fact the fight wasn't stopped after the Knee but lets rewind a bit.
Bisping's mouthpiece fell out, now at the start he seemed a bit to distracted by that and that was probably wrong, but after he defended Silva's first row of attacks there was a break on where Anderson prepared his knee where the fight should have been stopped.

So before the knee even happened Herb should have timed out. "If the mouthpiece is involuntarily dislodged during competition, the referee shall call time, clean the mouthpiece, and reinsert the mouthpiece at the first opportune moment without interfering with the immediate action." I'm clearly not an expert but from the UFC rules it clearly looks like the fight should have been stopped.

So what do you think about this?

Don't listen to these fucking clowns.

Yes the first time they were too close, but the second time they separated there was a TON of time. Bisping was communicating with Herb, Silva saw that and yet he attacked.

Silva tried to play dumb during the whole thing.

I can't blame Silva for acting and seizing the opportunity, but Herb is a shitty shitty judge.

This is all Herbs fault. He is the one that should have reacted.

The referee is there to protect the fighters. They are human, and are in a confused situation.
Nobody got seriously injured, so it is what it is.

Silva wouldn't have lost the fight if he didn't lose round 4.

Silva wouldn't have lost round 4 if he didn't give Bisping 3 minutes to recover after round 3 ended.

Bisping wouldn't have been hit by that 3rd round knee if he didn't shift his attention to the mouthpiece that was on the floor.

Bisping wouldn't have shifted his attention to the mouthpiece that was on the floor if Silva wasn't lighting him up against the cage.

It's hard to figure out who's the bigger scumbag in all of this lol

On one hand you have a guy who wouldn't give his opponent a chance to put his mouthpiece back in and then prematurely celebrated a hallow win to make the NSAC guys feel awkward as fuck for trying to reset the fight. Not to mention that he kicked Bisping in the nuts when he was getting lit up against the cage (the ultimate combo breaker)

On the other hand you have a guy who intentionally spit out his mouthpiece and called attention to it to escape the situation of being uncomfortably trapped against the cage against an opponent that was unloading a series of combinations against him in a pivotal moment of the fight. Not to mention that he eye-poked Silva when the Brazilian was about to unload on him in the next round.

Fights between scumbags are so entertaining lol.

It was like watching Browne/Mitrione or Browne/Schaub or Schaub/Mitrione and trying figure out who the bigger douchebag between them is lol.

That knee would have never connected if bisping just kept focus and saw out the round. It was bispings fault by looking at herb. Lucky the bell went as bisping was in deep shit and could barely stand getting up.

Dean had a moment's hesitation that Bisping paid heavily for. That said, Bisping should have defended himself at all times and leave the rest to the ref. 50/50 fault.

Herb Dean wanted to see how Anderson makes Bisping toothless.

It should've been a TKO for sure. Dean could have called time for the mouthpiece, but he didn't and Silva knocked Bisping out. Bisping got a gift and then another gift with the decision. Must've been his birthday.

Yes he should stop it. U know what else?

Dean should be fired. Fuckin useless clown

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back