Should Chuck come out of retirement?

Sure, why not (against someone who does not have punching power)?

Always been a huge Liddell fan, but unless they've found some revolutionary way to restore a granite chin and reverse the trauma from multiple knockouts, there's no way I'd want to see him come out of retirement.

He should enjoy retirement with his pile of cash, awesome job, and lovely wife. I hope he keeps criticizing pointfighters though.

He was OK in his area but with the new guys at 205, we would get blasted by almost everyone. To be honest Chuck is getting a little weirder as time goes by. Another knock out would not serve him well.

He is a good company man who never bitched against the UFC like Tito and a bunch of others that are less scared to voice their opinion. Dana rewards those like him and Hughes with a nice job doing some PR and keeping the other fighters in line.

His haircut and his "silent-type" tough guy attitude helped, more than his fights, to establish him as a legend. However, as a former champion he truly deserve a seat at Hall of Fame as opposed to guys like Stephan Bonnar. Chuck was legit and ofter spectacular.

If Chael gets his wish and wipes the floor with Wandy should Wandy bow out with a fight against Liddel?

I know most folk will hate on this but i'd love to see Chuck one last time.

You must really hate Chuck. He's about 3 head punches away from becoming a vegetable. Your thread is the current frontrunner for dumbest troll thread of 2013.

Congrats. I know you must be proud.

Chuck is actually a pretty great trainer. I think that's the best play for him, now.

Yeah I would love it but realistically its not gonna happen.

No need to I don't think. Besides I don't think Wand is ready to bow out just yet anyway.

Chucks jaw is not nearly as bad as Wands. But I think Chuck won't be coming back and Wand should probably retire.
Wand's survived against some good bangers in his last three fights. Chuck got brutally kayoed in his last three fights. Two of those kayos were on shots that didn't even seem all that hard and that he would have ate like a steak in his prime. I like Chuck, but let's face it, he developed one of the worst cases of glass jaw in combat sports history. His chin was a lot better than Wand's in his prime, but it was shot 5+ years ago, let alone today. If Chuck came out of retirement and faced Wand, he would get brutally kayoed in the first round.

Chuck should have retired the moment he defeated Wand.
He made $1,500,000 in reported salary alone for his fights after that, though. Add in PPV bonuses, sponsor money, his appearance fee/royalties for TUF, etc. and that number at least doubles. And yeah, Chuck made good money before that, but $3M+ is nothing to scoff at, especially for a MMA fighter. He also probably didn't know that Zuffa would give him a no show job at the time. So he had at least 3 million reasons not to retire at the time.

Well I always said Chuck would have not be KOd so many times if he hadn't had to keep fighting top 5-10 competition.

Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, Franklin. Most of those guys were either champ or about to be champ, no shame in losing to them the way he did.

Why didn't the UFC give him Bonnar, Irvin, or Houston Alexander?? Mid to low tier lhws that Chuck could have probably beat, even at the end of his career.

If they matched Chuck up appropriately, I would watch him fight again.

I'd love to see Chuck / Tito 3 just to see Chuck wreck Tito one last time. But other than that, no. Liddell would probably lose to the bottom guys in the top 10 LHW division and probably the top 3 MWs.

34sm9m8.gif

Chuck is a friggin' MMA Icon. He should be chilling and reaping the rewards of his amazing career. The guy accomplished everything a fighter could possibly hope to achieve so nothing left to prove. No need to ever see the above again...

Chuck should have retired after this fight. There was no reason for him to come back to fight Franklin.

He made $1,500,000 in reported salary alone for his fights after that, though. Add in PPV bonuses, sponsor money, his appearance fee/royalties for TUF, etc. and that number at least doubles. And yeah, Chuck made good money before that, but $3M+ is nothing to scoff at, especially for a MMA fighter. He also probably didn't know that Zuffa would give him a no show job at the time. So he had at least 3 million reasons not to retire at the time.

This

For health reasons brother, not everything is money. You ask the likes of Ali ...wait did you say $3m ....he shoulda hung around even longer!

No. He lost his chin a long time ago, which is why he retired in the first place.

Back