Should Chuck come out of retirement?

I think Chuck's UFC career was handled so poorly during the end of his career. I would love to see him fight a low level LHW not known for KO power

no. glass jaw. too old. doesn't have skillset to compete with the best anymore

If Chael gets his wish and wipes the floor with Wandy should Wandy bow out with a fight against Liddel?

I know most folk will hate on this but i'd love to see Chuck one last time.

No. He has absolutely no chin anymore and that fight with Franklin more then proved it

no. glass jaw. too old. doesn't have skillset to compete with the best anymore

Glass jaw I agree with, but he certainly has the skill set to compete.

After all he broke Franklin's arm with a kick in their fight

Chuck should have retired after this fight. There was no reason for him to come back to fight Franklin.
He was supposed to fight Tito after TUF, but Tito backed out of TUF and the fight and was replaced by Franklin. Considering what Chuck had done to Tito in training, how Tito had ducked him for years before they finally fought, and how Chuck had finished him twice already, needless to say he was very confident in that fight. He probably wanted to go out on a high against Tito and then retire, or if not retire, then showing he still could win fights would have bought him a little leeway anyway. Chuck's a company man, so when Tito was replaced, there was no way he was going to back out as well.

For health reasons brother, not everything is money. You ask the likes of Ali ...wait did you say $3m ....he shoulda hung around even longer!
Ali made and still makes a lot more money than Chuck. Boxing is just a much more lucrative sport at the highest level. Also, Chuck didn't have a crystal ball. He didn't know at the time that after the Wand fight he would get knocked out in every fight. Unless there was permanent damage done (which we really don't know), I'd say it was worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back