Should American camps only allow Americans?

Valentina Shevchenko did it after she moved to Peru from Ukraine. Peruvian flag is next to her name on all fights. It should be up to the fighter.

Nunes leaves her country of Brazil to call America home so that she can train with a premiere American fight camp because she doesn't have access to this level of training in Brazil. In her post fight speech she goes on to tout Brazil with no mention of America when her country was so bad she had to leave it to become a champion.

I don't think American fight camps should welcome foreign fighters that are going to fail to give credit to the country that they came to to find a better life. Its a bad look.

Apparently you did not listen to the broken English in her post fight interview. She did thank and give credit to her camp and coaches.

You don't think they should allow foreign fighters?? Perhaps they should build a wall around the gym or something??

"American Top Team (ATT) is one of the primary teams in mixed martial arts. It was founded by former members of Brazilian Top Team, Ricardo Liborio, Marcus "Conan" Silveira and Marcelo Silveira but there is no formal affiliation between the two teams. ATT's main academy is in Coconut Creek, Florida but has academies throughout the United States."

LMAO

I think you see a clear shift after the Pride years as well in terms of which US camps are most successful, the traditional American camps like Team Quest, MFS, etc quickly decline in importance and its the camps stacked full of Brazilian(and someone European) trainers that really become the big centres for elite training.

it would have been nice for Nunes to throw a bone to her many American fans...
It would have also been nice for you to not get triggered like a pathetic, insecure loser.

Yea we should build a wall around American gyms....

tumblr_m9fbufwsqn1qc882co2_250.gif~c200
And make brazilians pay for it!

Right, if the Brazilian are always going to make it a Xenophobic pissing contest then they should train in their own country.
Despite the Infamous death threat chants, we are probably among the least xenophobic nations in the world. Sports events, however, are not our finest moments as a country...

It would have also been nice for you to not get triggered like a pathetic, insecure loser.

Right I got triggered and your response isn't severely retarded. Gotcha. As per the loser thing, I couldn't not be happier that nunes won!

why does the US in general deserve credit. Maybe she could have spoken about AKA but you want her to thank america as a whole? lol gtfo

You may want to edit it to say spoken about ATT not AKA. No biggie, we've all likely done it.

You may want to edit it to say spoken about ATT not AKA. No biggie, we've all likely done it.

Yeah I realized that a little bit later. Can't really be bothered to change it tbh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back