Should a HOF fighter who is 1-4 be a MAIN EVENT?

jimmy dakine

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
RDA is a hall of famer but is 1-4 in his last 5 fights.....I think a good topic for discussion is how the UFC is kinda milking events, leading to mediocre cards....OR....UFC is ensuring fans a card practically every Saturday night so we can see up and comers and we get a weekly fix of high level fighting......so there are several points here.....I dont see how a RDS is a main event anymore but I'm grateful there is a event every week....I'm stuck in the middle.....have at it.

Last edited:
They have done far worse..

But yes - it's a free card, and it's not like this is for a title fight

I think i'd rather see the GOAT in action.
tenor.gif

RDS and Felder both warrant main event space at this point in their careers. I am looking forward to this fight! I think Felder wins a decision.

RDA has always been game. Never really gets washed away even when he loses. Also people who aren't tards realize how talented he still is despite his losses. This isn't Bj Penn fighting past his prime RDA had something to offer still and him vs Felder is worthy of main event on a fight night IMO

RDS is a hall of famer but is 1-4 in his last 5 fights.....I think a good topic for discussion is how the UFC is kinda milking events, leading to mediocre cards....OR....UFC is ensuring fans a card practically every Saturday night so we can see up and comers and we get a weekly fix of high level fighting......so there are several points here.....I dont see how a RDS is a main event anymore but I'm grateful there is a event every week....I'm stuck in the middle.....have at it.
You answered your own question in your first sentence......granted you have one massive long run on sentence.......but never the less.

But yes, the UFC is milking these 'over the hill fighters' (not saying RDA is one just yet) trying to get every penny out of them, when in fact that they shouldn't be the main event. But that leads to the next point that the UFC for the most part put out these water down cards, almost to justify using such shitty main and co main events for these cards.

I'm pretty sure the UFC has some kind of clause in their contract to have so many wmma fights per year on the main card and so many wmma fights on the year as a co main and main event. Which would then make sense to have so many water down cards, that you can then justify having such shitty main events with wmma'ers, or over the hill legends.

Rafael Dos Santos is still a beast at LW, his last 4 losses were against guys with significant size advantage on him at WW

Last edited:
I've been a fan of RDA since his flying Knee on Smooth Ben Henderson, I'll watch!

Yes. As said HOF fighter, name recognition, fight history and comes to really fight. He's the reason to watch to be honest.

Former Champion is what negates his streak not HOF

Back