Shogun will walk through Craig

Shogun won his last fight and is 4-1 in his last five. He's clearly getting to the end but still doing alright.

Exactly!! He isn't on a losing streak, he isn't relevant in the top 10 anymore (which is totally fine, he is a legend). He obviously still wants fights and rather than making him fight really tough guys as a stepping stone for them, they are giving him Craig.... Merry Christmas, maybe he can get a performance bonus out of this one as an extra stocking stuffer from the UFC.

Please don't take my comment as disrespect to Shogun, I am just saying often times the UFC gets slack for not looking out for fighters once they are "out of prime".. this fight, and others, shows why that isn't always true.

A Brazilian named after a Japanese aristocratic title will seek to avoid grappling with a Scotsman with the name "BearJew." What a world.

Why is shogun still fighting? Is he even in title contention?

Why not make some money fights at the tail of end of his career

Question is what happens when he wins Shogun should have been down at 185 for years

I hope Shogun gets on that Lawler title run diet and fucks some shit up.

Shogun has got to KO this guy...right? If not, he needs to retire, as in really retire, not MMA retire.

Never bet against Shogun is my motto.
But the old Gun is running on fumes and Paella oil.
1055DB04-DEBB-40E1-A86A-DF2A21FE135A.jpeg
Dad body Shotgun WAR it is then.
93E494E3-5649-4AE0-918B-81E75AF06A29.jpeg

I like Shogun a true OG and legend.....but I am confidently taking Craig at +215 this weekend at the books

"confidently taking Craig"...not words often seen.

Very true....as a Shogun fan it saddens me to say that. I felt he could’ve got a W over Sam Alvey. But 2019/2020 Shogun is a tough one.

Shogun is still fighting and Craig who? <Moves>

Very true....as a Shogun fan it saddens me to say that. I felt he could’ve got a W over Sam Alvey. But 2019/2020 Shogun is a tough one.

Imagine watching Shogun in his prime then now feeling like he might be able to defeat Sam " Please Stop Smiln' " Alvey. Old age sucks haha

I like Craig a lot -- he has the heart of a lion. This is a pretty poor match up though. He's not the guy that I feel will batter an aged Shogun and Shogun's grappling is quietly as impressive as his stand up. Stylistically I like Shogun in a sloppy but entertaining fight.

I wish I could watch Shogun knock out Machida again. Good times<21>

Idk what the UFC was thinking with this match up. The guy's boring af to watch, got ko'd by the guy who Shogun ko'd in his last fight, and is now somehow getting a co-main slot against a ranked opponent.
I agree with everything you said, apart from boring. Paul Craig is pretty damn exciting, he's just not that great a fighter. I expect Shogun to ko him but if the fight goes down, Shogun is likely tapping out

Back