Shogun vs Griffin III..... Does this fight make sense?

It's a sad state of affairs for Forrest when someone from another sport is thought of before him on Sherdog...

:) when I first read the title I though it was a joke thread, though u mean he should fight Robert Griffin the 3rd.

Griffin is way far too past it to make it competitive.

Forrest is turning down fights with guys that will knock him out so j don't see him accepting this. He turned down rampage the huna glover but then said yes to Phil Davis. No knock on Forrest he just wants to finish his career with as little kos possible.

the third fight would look exactly like the second one. No way Shogun loses this fight

The odds are it'll just be a repeat of their second fight. Say what you want about Forrest being distracted by his impending parenthood, but it's not the first time Forrest has been beaten in that manor, and by lesser fighters than Shogun.

The result would be exactly the same as their last fight. Forrest dont got his heart in it nomore.

I think they both showed their best performances against each other, don't think I have interest for another one.

Shogun via KO 1st round

Rather see Shogun vs Thiago/Mousasi/Rogerio 2/Rampage 2 orr Hendo 2

would prefer seeing Shogun take on Rampage, Shad, Thiago first while prefer seeing Forrest take on Machida, Hendo and Jones before the rubber match,

forrests wife was givin birth so his mind was elsewhere in the 2nd

Quality trolling ladies and gentlemen. Notice the consistency.

Singular obsession with bashing a retired fighter, whether in his sig or in 100 random threads that are unrelated? Check.

One liners designed to discredit/excuse a fight outcome, done on the first page to generate flaming? Check.

Recent join date with high post count signifying a recent band? Check.

The same person/themes/M.O. as "Lucario" and "Balli"? You be the judge...

No.

The first fight was flukish, and you already saw the second. They're not on the same level.

It makes sense if you want to give Shogun a W.

I dont think any Griffin fan want that fight. He would get destroyed again

Meh, if Shogun needs a rematch, lets do Rampage.

If he needs new people, Rashad, Glover or Phil.

Rebound fight? What's that?

Let them both win a few fights in a row, then do it.

Griffin III is an excellent football player, but has absolutely no business being in the same cage as Shogun. He should at least wait until his knee fully recovers.

Not really. Forrest's head doesn't seem in the game anymore so any losses he takes aren't going to really do much for his opponent. I think it would make more sense if both guys had a little momentum.

I still wanna see Shogun vs Thiago Silva. The fight was supposed to happen at one of the UFC PPVs but somebody had to pullout. Fight makes sense now considering Thiago's win over Nedkov was turned into a NC, so its kinda like a loss.

No, intuitively it makes absolutely no sense. And I highly doubt Forrest would be down for that

Back