Shogun vs Griffin III..... Does this fight make sense?

LOL
Shogun is 2 fights removed from the best fight in ufc history

And he looked very good against gus but gus had a granite chin cuz he was eating amazing shots

He lost the "best fight in ufc history" and didn't look too good in it. The only thing amazing about that fight is that the ref wasn't paying attention and didn't stop the fight in the 3rd, and hell had to be reminded by Henderson that there were 2 more rounds to go coming into the 3rd. Henderson should've got the stoppage, but instead he punched himself out and then Shogun couldn't finish a gassed Henderson. So what was so impressive about Rua in it? It was a great fight no doubt, but only because the UFC had just adopted 5 round main events so Shogun got 2 rounds to mount a 42 year old man having a heart attack. If it had been a normal 3 round non-title fight, everybody would be telling Rua to retire as he had nothing for Henderson till those last 2 rounds where Henderson wasn't even there.

I personally thought he looked good against Gus as well, or at the very least better than we've seen him in a while, but the Vera fight while a good fight, really dropped Shogun's standing as on paper he should've been able to whoop Vera but Vera showed incredible heart and determination and was doing far better than he should have.

Anyways, I'd watch Griffin/Rua III. Both finished the other, and both did it in circumstances where the other fighter probably shouldn't have been fighting so why not? They're both on the back ends of their careers and I don't really see another title run for either of them so it makes sense. I'd rather see neither of them lose against the other, but they're about in the same position by now

Last edited:
I think both have faded, but Griffen more so. As much as I like Forrest I would have to give the nod to Shogun in a rematch.

The UFC and fans seem to be obsessed with useless rematches.

Shogun vs Fabio Maldonado. Shogun vs Phil Davis maybe. Rashad vs Shogun. All good potential fights

not in the slightest. sometimes after 1 - 1 there are still lots of questions (like with jds and cain), but with forrest and shogun i think we all got the picture after the 2nd fight.

neither one of them is ever earning their way to a title shot again, the old names have lost their fangs. For them the fights are all about nostalgia and paychecks. They may see a title fight again if the stars align and enough people are injured or booked when the champ wants to fight but it will have nothing to do with records. I say let the old guys fight other old guys until they decide to pack it in.

this fight wouldnt be as exciting as it was the first two times.

the outcome would be shogun via tko.

I don't have much interest in seeing it again

Shogun's win was pretty convincing and Griffin hasn't looking impressive for a long time

Absolutely not. Forrest is not on Shogun's level. I saw someone mention Thiago Silva. That's an interesting fight. There's really no fight with Forrest that would interest me at this point.

Shogun coming off a loss(2 in his last 3)
Forrest coming off an injury

They are 1-1 with both fighters finishing the other

Anyone else think this makes for a good rebound fight for shogun

Did you walk in on Forrest banging your girlfriend or mom?

Why would you want to see him get slaughtered like that again?

Shogun coming off a loss(2 in his last 3)
Forrest coming off an injury

They are 1-1 with both fighters finishing the other

Anyone else think this makes for a good rebound fight for shogun

I'd rather see Tito/Shamrock XXVI

Shogun was injured in the first fight, Forrest had child issues and mentally wasn't there in the 2nd fight. I wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd. Hopefully no excuses. :)

shoguns my second favorite fighter and even though this is almost an automatic victory for shogun i don't want to see forrest get knocked out again, the guy only fights for money(he says so) and he can still have good fights with guys that don't have power in there hands

Back