Shogun vs Griffin III..... Does this fight make sense?

Not now. Let them both have another fight first

Nah, Forrest is on his way to retire and this isn't a good fight for him. I know he won the first fight in impressive fashion, but he isn't that dude anymore, Shogun likely TKO's him within 2 rounds.

Shogun should rematch Lil Nog, that's a fight that really needs to happen.

Both of them have built in excuses for their loses ... neither of them are title picture right now so why not?

That ... or finally start giving Shogun Wrestlers ... his UFC career has him avoiding wrestlers even though 205 is filled with wrestlers. Phil Davis vs Shogun would be good test for both of them. Can Phil Davis beat another big name .... Can Shogun show better TD and cardio while defending those TD against an elite wrestler?

He's the most underrated fighter in the lhw division

Hell he even beat Randy

Dude Vera had gotten cut. They brought him back and threw him to the wolves against Shogun. Has he fought since then?

forrest just fought in a rubber match that had no real purpose to it, no need to see another

Both of them have built in excuses for their loses ... neither of them are title picture right now so why not?

That ... or finally start giving Shogun Wrestlers ... his UFC career has him avoiding wrestlers even though 205 is filled with wrestlers. Phil Davis vs Shogun would be good test for both of them. Can Phil Davis beat another big name .... Can Shogun show better TD and cardio while defending those TD against an elite wrestler?

WTF? Coleman and Hendo are Olympic wrestlers, while Jones is the best wrestler at 205. Do you think that Shogun deserves the Lil Nog treatment, that is to only fight wrestlers?

Shogun will never have good TDD, he's too comfortable off his back to care.

I think this fight could be interesting... but both fighters are very far from the belt, and none of them could win bones....
BTW, if this fight happens, i bet on Shogun by KO..

yeah why not would be a good fight. The people saying Forrest lost because of his wife giving birth there wrong it was more because shogun punched him in the face. Not hating here that was a quote that GRiffin used himself haha. But seriously i love both fighters lets see a third :)

Let them have a split. They are both shells of their former selves, I don't think the 3rd match would shed any new light onto who the better fighter is.

WTF? Coleman and Hendo are Olympic wrestlers, while Jones is the best wrestler at 205. Do you think that Shogun deserves the Lil Nog treatment, that is to only fight wrestlers?

Shogun will never have good TDD, he's too comfortable off his back to care.

The difference is I'd say that Shogun can both escape the ground quicker than Rogerio and perhaps more importantly does not allow his standup offence to be damaged by the threat of a takedown.

He's lost mobility due to injuries but in terms of handspeed I think he's held up better than Rogerio aswell, not really supprizing considering the age difference.

The difference is I'd say that Shogun can both escape the ground quicker than Rogerio and perhaps more importantly does not allow his standup offence to be damaged by the threat of a takedown.

He's lost mobility due to injuries but in terms of handspeed I think he's held up better than Rogerio aswell, not really supprizing considering the age difference.

Agreed. I feel bad for Rogerio though, the UFC forcing him to only face wrestlers doesn't allow him to have any fun fights, he just keeps losing LnP decisions.

im pretty sure the 2nd fight showed us all we needed to know about this matchup.

Agreed. I feel bad for Rogerio though, the UFC forcing him to only face wrestlers doesn't allow him to have any fun fights, he just keeps losing LnP decisions.

Its really the Joe Silva way, using an "outsider" with a clear weakness(I'm sure he watched the first Vlad match) to put over new talent by giving him bad style matchups. I think tactically Rogerio may not have made the correct chocies either, he's clearly looked to become a Chuck style sprall and brawler but really that doesnt play to his strenghts, I think he'd have had more sucess just accepting that he'd be taken down sometimes as he used to in Pride and letting his hands and his sub game go.

Shogun should wait and fight Ramapge/Glover loser. Forrest can maybe fight Nog after he loses to Shad.

Minor interest in this. 2 guys that don't have it anymore

Forrest is just in it for the fat checks at this point in his career. He's getting 6 figure base pay, he will fight until Dana forces him to retire.

Back