Shogun/Machida vs Hendricks/St Pierre, which was worse?

Unfortunately, fights are scored by rounds, not pictures of faces. Hendricks coasted in the 5th and gave it away. It was his own fault.

Why would you even comment and say that? We know he lost the fight. This thread is about what people thought were bigger robberies.

In fact Condit and GSP fans defending those bullshit decisions shouldn't even be in here because nobody cares for their opinion. Their fighters won and you wouldn't have to defend your favorite fighter if you knew in your heart he won but the truth is you don't think that hence you defend point fighting and "the rules".

Most of the world thought it was a robbery. Of course there will always be those fucking idiots who argue against common sense.

Shogun/Machida was a closer fight because the first 3 rounds could have go either way. The only round Hendricks won was in the 4th when GSP slipped.

Why would you even comment and say that? We know he lost the fight. This thread is about what people thought were bigger robberies.

In fact Condit and GSP fans defending those bullshit decisions shouldn't even be in here because nobody cares for their opinion. Their fighters won and you wouldn't have to defend your favorite fighter if you knew in your heart he won but the truth is you don't think that hence you defend point fighting and "the rules".

Most of the world thought it was a robbery. Of course there will always be those fucking idiots who argue against common sense.

Most of the world you say. According to a fan poll from the source you provided, all the rounds were clear cut except for the first.

6 out of 10 fans gave it to Hendricks. Again, a close fight and not a robbery.

Unfortunately, fights are scored by rounds, not pictures of faces. Hendricks coasted in the 5th and gave it away. It was his own fault.

Even round by round it was pretty clear. It all comes down to the first round. They each had a takedown and the exact same number of strikes. Difference is Hendricks CLEARLY landed the much harder, damaging, effective strikes.

People who advocate for GSP winning try to point out the guillotine like it should put GSP over Hendricks, but these people probably don't understand shit about bjj because that guillotine wasn't even remotely close. Like not even a little.

Most of the world you say. According to a fan poll from the source you provided, all the rounds were clear cut except for the first.

Don't care again stop replying to me. You fit into that 'fool' category.

And lol at the Rounds being close.

Fight Metrics clearly had Hendricks winning.

Even round by round it was pretty clear. It all comes down to the first round. They each had a takedown and the exact same number of strikes. Difference is Hendricks CLEARLY landed the much harder, damaging, effective strikes.

People who advocate for GSP winning try to point out the guillotine like it should put GSP over Hendricks, but these people probably don't understand shit about bjj because that guillotine wasn't even remotely close. Like not even a little.

Under the new rules Machida would of lost, Condit would of lost, and GSP would of lost.

At least Shogun got his revenge though via brutal KTFO win over Machida.

Also, don't even try and argue with fools. This thread isn't for stubborn fools who want to spit facts like the fact that Condit, Machida and GSP did win those fights. We all know that but most sensible people think they were robberies.

The worst decision I've ever seen in UFC was pobably Bisping/Hamill.

Shogun/Machida was a close second.

I thought Hendricks beat GSP overall, but scoring it by rounds you could make a decent case GSP won 3 out of 5.

How can we know those strikes were more damaging and effective than GSPs strikes?

Dunno if thats true, but keep in mind that the vast majority of fans like/love GSP and a huge amount hated Hendricks. That had to skews the polls a lot. Also most people on Sherdog are retarded.

I agree it was close, but there can be a very close fight that still has a clear winner and this is one of them.

Shogun got the better of Machida, but he lost (at least admit it's arguable) the first 3.

Hendricks got the better of GSP, but arguably lost 1, 3, and 5.

Lol, common sense won't change the outcome on the record books. Neither will sobbing like a little girl.

If anyone is on the defence here it's the people that support an opinion that is already doomed. History will forget how close anything was and just see a W or an L. I am so sorry.

I thought they were close fighs. I thought Rua should have won, GSP did win a very close fight. I also thought Gus edged out Jones as well.

I also don't really see the point in crying about it all either. Don't leave it in the judges hands. Most are over it.

Hendricks was worse.

Much of the fight went like this

gsp%2Bclinch%2Bgif.gif

Lmao he punches himself with the first one and misses the next two.

Lol, common sense won't change the outcome on the record books. Neither will sobbing like a little girl.

If anyone is on the defence here it's the people that support an opinion that is already doomed. History will forget how close anything was and just see a W or an L. I am so sorry.

I thought they were close fighs. I thought Rua should have won, GSP did win a very close fight. I also thought Gus edged out Jones as well.

I also don't really see the point in crying about it all either. Don't leave it in the judges hands. Most are over it.

YOU are doing the same thing. We know the history books won't show or detail how close it was unless someone digs dwep. It is the same with Fedor losing his GOAT status since he avoids the UFC and the victory write history and the UFC is he victory and they won't write about Fedor.

Your comment literally means shit as does anyone coming in here trying to defend the decisions. This thread is about what people thought was a bigger rbbery. Not what idiots think who repeat "they lost that is all that matters". We know they lost.

Oh and I like GSP more than Diaz and like GSP more than Hendricks. And yet I can see the obvious hell I routed for GSP in that fight.

As for Machida well shogun got his renege and helped contribute to Machida career decline at LHW. So I don't care what blind machida fans continue to think.

I will say it again, I don't know exactly how georges won the first round.....

Shogun Machida 1 was worse when it came to this forum because back then, Shogun had a whole army of delusional fans who refused to accept he had ever lost a fight and insisted each of his losses should have an asterisk and should not count as a loss. They were the biggest bunch of delusional idiots MMA has ever seen because Shogun accepted his losses but they never could.

How can we know those strikes were more damaging and effective than GSPs strikes?

Because they landed cleaner and harder? Just rewatch the first round its super clear.

they both landed 19 strikes in the first round.

George landed 3 head shots.. thats all. 11 of his strikes were body strikes, 8 or so of which were really light teeps to the body which barely connected.

Compared to Hendricks who landed 8 hard head shots which bruised GSP up good. Hard clean ones. And his shots to the body were very powerful knees as well.

I like GSP, I don't like Hendricks, but if you think GSP should have won that round you are either blinded by bias or stupid.

fightmetric to back up my stats

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/7ff036c99621eb1c

Dunno if thats true, but keep in mind that the vast majority of fans like/love GSP and a huge amount hated Hendricks. That had to skews the polls a lot. Also most people on Sherdog are retarded.

I agree it was close, but there can be a very close fight that still has a clear winner and this is one of them.

From what I can recall. Georges scored immediately with the takedown but Hendricks immediately got up and started controlling and teeing off on him but by the end of the round GSP was starting to control the distance, landing several jabs and straights.

Watching live, it all depends on what you were focused on. Rogan did scream loudly during an uppercut and a knee from Hendricks but to me, from the live broadcast, it was hard to tell if they even landed.

Shogun/Machida was obviously worse although I felt Hendricks won as well and it wasn't just down to the 1st but also the 3rd that was very close and even the 5th wasn't nearly as clearly GSP as the 2nd and 4th were Hendricks.

Back