Shogun/Machida vs Hendricks/St Pierre, which was worse?

At least Machida accepted a rematch. GSP is still running.

From what I can recall. Georges scored immediately with the takedown but Hendricks immediately got up and started controlling and teeing off on him but by the end of the round GSP was starting to control the distance, landing several jabs and straights.

Watching live, it all depends on what you were focused on. Rogan did scream loudly during an uppercut and a knee from Hendricks but to me, from the live broadcast, it was hard to tell if they even landed.

Just rewatched the first round before posting ITT. You can hear Hendricks strikes land, they are hard. And you can see the damage already on GSP a little.

I'm telling you just rewatch that round. Hendricks lands several hard heavy knees to the body, several hard punches and elbows to the face, and several hard kicks to the leg. GSP landed like 3 average jabs, a bunch of really weak range finding type teeps to the body, a couple soft kicks, and a few knees that were ok but nowhere near as hard as Hendricks.

Anyone coming away from that thinking GSP won that round is out of their mind.

I thought Shogun/Machida was one of the worst robberies ever. That fight was when I became a Shogun fan because of how he handled that. He never complained--he just came back and finished Machida the next time around.

Now the way Hendricks handled his loss on the other hand...

Just rewatched the first round before posting ITT. You can hear Hendricks strikes land, they are hard. And you can see the damage already on GSP a little.

I'm telling you just rewatch that round. Hendricks lands several hard heavy knees to the body, several hard punches and elbows to the face, and several hard kicks to the leg. GSP landed like 3 average jabs, a bunch of really weak range finding type teeps to the body, a couple soft kicks, and a few knees that were ok but nowhere near as hard as Hendricks.

Anyone coming away from that thinking GSP won that round is out of their mind.

But my recollection was close?

Also, enjoying FightPass?

Shogun vs Machida was a clear robbbery.

Hendricks vs GSP was just a close fight which I gave to GSP. Hendricks just didn't do enough.

Shogun got the better of Machida, but he lost (at least admit it's arguable) the first 3.

Hendricks got the better of GSP, but arguably lost 1, 3, and 5.
Man, I just watched the Machida fight for the first time. What a shame. The way Shogun exposed himself after missing with his power kicks was begging for your typical Machida blitz. Same with the way Shogun was just running at him. Machida should of just planted himself and committed to counter striking Shogun. Same with the way he would catch him off balance and then would stop.

Because they landed cleaner and harder? Just rewatch the first round its super clear.

they both landed 19 strikes in the first round.

George landed 3 head shots.. thats all. 11 of his strikes were body strikes, 8 or so of which were really light teeps to the body which barely connected.

Compared to Hendricks who landed 8 hard head shots which bruised GSP up good. Hard clean ones. And his shots to the body were very powerful knees as well.

I like GSP, I don't like Hendricks, but if you think GSP should have won that round you are either blinded by bias or stupid.

fightmetric to back up my stats

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/7ff036c99621eb1c
GSP bruises as easily as a tomato, so that can't be used as reference. And what is this arbitrary defining of what constitutes as a harder more significant strikes?

Man what happened to hendricks? he is looking like a different fighter these days.

the hendricks robbery was by far the worse of the two. Thelyoto-shogun fight was extremely competitive and there was very little damage given or taken in that fight. hendricks literally bludgeoned Geores and should have clearly won 3 rounds to 2 under any civilized scoring system.

Are you kidding? GSP was close I admit that even though I question if he really won, there's still a question for me.

But it was obvious as hell that Machida lost

Even Machida's Dad told him he didn't win that shit.

Hendricks lost that fight, he took his foot of the gas and let it slip through his fingers...

Condit fans have no shame.

The dude ran and point fought under the new rule changes he would lose that fight. I hope for a rematch and look forward to the day when Condit starts getting knocked out and chased out of the ufc.

Lol fuck off.

Condit is the best finisher at WW whether you like it or not.

GSP/Hendricks was the right decision, so I guess it can't be that one.

the hendricks robbery was by far the worse of the two. Thelyoto-shogun fight was extremely competitive and there was very little damage given or taken in that fight. hendricks literally bludgeoned Geores and should have clearly won 3 rounds to 2 under any civilized scoring system.
And your opinion has nothing to do with GSP beating BJ twice I am sure.

I bet the people claiming Hendricks was robbed against GSP never bring up the bad decision wins he was awarded against Koscheck and Pierce.

Back