Shevchenko v Grasso is reminiscent of Stipe v DC

But Grasso does somehow?
Mmm yes? Grasso's boxing is a lot cleaner than anything Fiorot does, and she has submission technique too. The RNC she won the first Val fight was very well practiced. Does Fiorot do anything like that or does she just muscle everything?

Mmm yes? Grasso's boxing is a lot cleaner than anything Fiorot does, and she has submission technique too. The RNC she won the first Val fight was very well practiced. Does Fiorot do anything like that or does she just muscle everything?
Fiorot beats Grasso in every aspect of MMA.

She's 36 now. Holm is washed. Nunes is retired. Not sure why you're acting like age isn't a thing. The fact that Valentina is losing and drawing against an unheralded fighter in her division should clue you in to her not being in her prime anymore.
Holm might be washed now but she was 'only' 34 years old when Shev beat her. That's the same age Fiorot is right now, by the way...
Using muscle to bully your opponents is something that doesn't really fade that quickly either (which is why it's what Holm ended up relying on for a long time). It's more reflexes/speed first, then cardio...

I think Fiorot would beat Grasso but she is technically inferior in most ways. Only her takedowns are better I'd say (muscle doing work again).
If they fought a boxing match I'd take Grasso easily
maybe even a BJJ match...

Holm might be washed now but she was 'only' 34 years old when Shev beat her. That's the same age Fiorot is right now, by the way...
Using muscle to bully your opponents is something that doesn't really fade that quickly either (which is why it's what Holm ended up relying on for a long time). It's more reflexes/speed first, then cardio...
I don't know why you're fixated on muscle but doesn't change the reality that Val is 36 and out of prime.

Manon has better TD than Valentina. Probably the best TDD in the division. Plus Val is a lot smaller.

I see Blanchfield able to takedown the Bullet more and more as the fight goes long and dominate on the ground
Vals TDD % is where it's at because of Nunez and Santos. Erin doesn't really pose the same challenges and would look just as helpless closing the distance as she did against Manon

Last edited:
I think Val is still the best in the division. She had a Weidman moment with that spin kick. She was winning the fight. She should have won the rematch and I think she'll win the trilogy. Grasso is sold and can win but I think Val wins 8/10 times.
That's what we get for wanting more liberal scoring. Sherdog will just keep surprising me

Really? She just seems like she is a take charge kind of gal. Definitely not a dead fish.
Not that I, by any means, bang only 10s like the rest of the Sher-virgins(in fact a chunky solid 6 fills a need sometimes) but if we are going to be fantasizing about women, Schevchenko would not be anywhere on that radar.

Two fighters who probably aren't the best in the world going through a trilogy with the title while the superior fighter sits on the sidelines. I think Manon Fiorot beats either of them and quite handily. Similar to how Ngannou probably would have destroyed DC or Stipe during 2020 but had to wait for the trilogy to resolve itself. Grasso isn't old, but she was unheralded prior to the fight with Valentina. And I do not believe she magically leveled up and became better than the GOAT female flyweight. I believe Val lost to her because she's post 35 and declining. Grasso just happened to be in the right place at the right time and we will have to wait until next year to find out who the best female flyweight in the world is.
Ngannpu got steamrolled by Stipe literally right before the trilogy with DC. Then he went out there and embarrassed himself against black beast. He got his second title shot exactly when he deserved it, stop exaggerating.

Fiorot is not the Ngannou of the division lol, not by a long shot. She's an old decision machine.

Fiorot is almost 35 years old. Whatever upside you see her having, it better happen soon. She's also a decision machine who struggled against the first good striker she faced, who was a 115lber with a broken thumb. She might be able to win the belt, but I don't see it as a foregone conclusion at all, and if she does, I don't see her holding it long at all.

I think Fiorot would beat Grasso but she is technically inferior in most ways. Only her takedowns are better I'd say (muscle doing work again).
If they fought a boxing match I'd take Grasso easily
maybe even a BJJ match...

Grasso is pretty obviously the better boxer and has better bjj. Fiorot has better kicks, better tdd, and is just big.

Back