Shevchenko v Grasso is reminiscent of Stipe v DC

I'm not a fan of this fighting an opponent three times in a row stuff...
This is one of the few times it's okay.

Shevchenko was a dominant champion and that can't be taken from her, She deserved the rematch (and the win in the rematch) this 3rd fight is only because of a draw. so in that way, It's not quite as obnoxious as the DC/stipe trilogy

Manon isn't even 3rd best in the division let alone 1st lol
Shevchenko, Grasso, Blanchfield are the clear 3 best fighters in the division

Yes Manon Fiorot beat Blanchfield but Blanchfield is also significantly a much more harder stylistic matchup for everyone else in the division compared to Fiorot and a decade younger at that.

You don't just outclass and embarrass Jessica Andrade and Talia Santos (who everyone thought beat Shevchenko) back to back, and not be a future champ of the division.
She didn't embarrass or outclass Talia Santos. She's very fortunate to have won that fight. Talia foolishly tried to take her down and it cost her.

Reactions: YSB
I think it's more like Weidman vs Silva. You've got a champion that looked dominant and unbeatable, who suddenly lost their aura of invincibility. Time has caught up with Shevchenko, but Grasso will not have a career anywhere near as good as Shevchenko.

I think Val is still the best in the division. She had a Weidman moment with that spin kick. She was winning the fight. She should have won the rematch and I think she'll win the trilogy. Grasso is sold and can win but I think Val wins 8/10 times.

Odd that people are still sleeping on Grasso

I think it's that she's always looked fine but never great in her fights. She was 3-3 in the UFC at strawweight, and at flyweight won decisions but never dominated them. She was losing the first fight against Shevchenko before getting the submission, and should have lost the second fight if the judging was at all consistent. And that's with everyone claiming (justifiably so) that Shevchenko is past her prime and on her way down.

Grasso is champion. No question about that, no taking anything away from her. But it's perfectly reasonable to question how well she'll continue to do as her career goes on, particularly against strong fighters who have looked quite good lately.

Lol Fiorot dominated Blanchfield my guy. Lol at this level of delusion. If Blanchfield can't take Fiorot down how is she going to do it to Shevchenko? Surely you don't think she's going to outstrike her?

Manon has better TD than Valentina. Probably the best TDD in the division. Plus Val is a lot smaller.

I see Blanchfield able to takedown the Bullet more and more as the fight goes long and dominate on the ground

I think Val is still the best in the division. She had a Weidman moment with that spin kick. She was winning the fight. She should have won the rematch and I think she'll win the trilogy. Grasso is sold and can win but I think Val wins 8/10 times.
Well said sir.
Its weird how many people can't be honest about their 2 previous fights.

Val is the best all around fighter in the division.

Fiorot doesn't have the technique to beat Valentina

In the first fight she used her size and took her down. In the second the threat of power kept Valentina on the back foot
She took her down off a caught kick in the 2nd round. In the 3rd round she deathgassed and Valentina poured it on to her (sadly her soft, pillowy fists prevented her from KOing the defenseless Nunes).

That leaves round 1, the deciding round, which was a staring contest. And the whole of the 2nd fight was a staring contest (Valentina never fights on the front foot anyway - Nunes usually does, so why didn't she that time?). Therefore, it was being better (in the judges eyes) at circling round the cage and staring that won Nunes both fights.
<{1-14}>

Fiorot doesn't have the technique to beat Valentina
But Grasso does somehow? Grasso was ranked below Fiorot at the time she got the fight with Valentina. She's never beaten a top 5 fighter apart from that one fight.

About as much as she got bullied by Holly Holm and Amanda Nunes...
<BakerNo>
She's 36 now. Holm is washed. Nunes is retired. Not sure why you're acting like age isn't a thing. The fact that Valentina is losing and drawing against an unheralded fighter in her division should clue you in to her not being in her prime anymore.

Back